Chapter Sixteen

"Y/n L/n?" The doctor asked coming out of room Baji was placed in.

"Yes?" You shot up from the hard hospital chair holding your breath. Wondering if he was okay or not.

"Baji Keisuke is going to be okay!" The doctor said while clapping his hands. 

"Oh my god." You sank to your knees from relief. You were able to successfully save Baji Keisuke's life. It was like a dream come true. No more worrying whether he would die or not. It has been officially confirmed. 

You felt a hand on your shoulder and looked up at the doctor. "You may go see him if you'd like."

"MAY I REALLY?" You asked excitedly.

"Yes you may, just know that he is still sleeping right now. That was a longer surgery than any of us expected."

"Okay okay I'll be quiet!" 

The doctor smiled at the excitement on your face. One of his favorites parts was this. Seeing the happiness it brought patients loved ones when they found out they were okay. 

The doctor led you to Baji's room. When you slipped in you silently closed the door behind you. Tip toeing over to Baji to not make too loud of noises. 

You looked down at his sleeping face. It was calm and peaceful. His lips slightly parted and soft snores escaping with each breath. 

You giggle at the sound. It reminded you of an old man after a long day of work. Since the moment you stepped in his room you couldn't stop smiling. This was the best wish you could have asked for. 

Even if your mother wasn't here anymore, the other people you loved and cared for don't seem to be budging. From what you know of, Hina is the last person you have left to save. And who knows, maybe since you changed Baji's future, Hina's would be a piece of cake. 

"I'm so glad everything is okay. Baji you don't know how much you worried me..."

"Oh, I'm sorry I worried you." Baji said while looking at you. 

"Huh?? How long have you been awake!?"

"Uh since you walked in the room..."

Your eyes widened when you looked at Baji. "Bitch, you've been awake that long and you didn't say anything!?"

"You seemed so happy and a cheerful, I didn't want to ruin that."

"So??" You said. "You should have said something sooner!"

"Right...."

"Stupid ass." You mumbled under your breath with a smile. 

"Y/n it's mean to make fun of injured people."

"Says who?" You asked with a raised brow. 

"Says me?"

"Boy please, you're not that special."

"I'm not?" He asked.

"No."

Baji smirked and looked at you. "If I'm not special they why were you so worried about me?"

You laughed before you spoke. "If you died who would have replaced my yakitori you ate?"

"You still remember that!?"

"Of course I do! And I'll keep remembering until I get it back!"

"Just forget about that already-"

"NEVER!" You said whist sticking your tongue out. "You ate my yakitori on August third and I'm still expecting that replacement you owe me."

"Damn, I guess the day I'm released I'll finally get you some more." Baji said with a sigh. 

"OH MY GOD YES!" 

You crawled on the bed next to him and planted a quick kiss on Baji's cheek. Baji just stared at you, which actually frightened you. 

Was I not suppose to do that? Did he not want me to kiss his cheek? Fuck I think I fucked up.

"Okay, now let me return the favor." He finally said. 

"Huh?"

Baji grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you closer to him. Literally returning the kiss you gave him with his own. Just like you, for a split second his lips connected with your cheek, giving you a kiss. 

He then wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a hug. 

"Thanks for taking care of Mikey while I was gone. And thank you for saving me."

"Oh it's really no big deal." You said with a cherry red face. 

"It is though. I seriously could have died, and you saved me. You fucking saved. I owe you my life you know."

"No I mean it was really nothing, I'm just glad that you're okay. I don't know- Oh wait hold on one second."

You picked up your phone which was buzzing in your pocket. The caller was Takemichi.

"Hello?"

"Huh? Takemichi slow down I can't understand a word you're saying."

"Wait...what?"

"Takemichi are you serious?"

"Is he okay?"

"Okay, I'm coming there right now. I'll be there as quick as I can."

You hung up the phone and looked at Baji. "I have to go..."

"What happened?" Baji asked. 

"Well, Toman won the fight with Valhalla three hours ago and everything was fine. But Mikey seems to think you didn't live and hasn't left the junk lot since then."