Cybertron~Follow Your Spark

A navy and copper mech stared out at the ascending sun, away from the others as he revealed his issues to himself.

"Should I warn HymnWave..." he muttered to himself. With her sire currently searching for her, he found himself worrying about her. It was abnormal, it was foreign to his emotionless state.

And yet he worried. He knew Hymn at young age, he knew her sire and how destructive he was.

"Why should I worry?! I can't care for anyone, I can't! No, I let her to be! I won't repeat my mistakes!" he growled, again to no one but himself.

'But she trusts me... She always did,' called out a thought from behind his mind.

That thought changed his perspective. He remembered the last time he saw her before they met again. It was... It was after his sister's death. She came up to his housing unit, and comforted him. Or attempted that. He knew that he rejected her, he rejected everybot.

'Follow your spark!' exclaimed a voice from his memory files. The mech froze at once, he knew who it belonged to. He knew from which memory it came from.

He knew that he buried it under grief.

'Zinc! It doesn't matter who hurts you! What matters is that if you follow your spark, you'll find the one you care!'

These thoughts, these memories, they started to erupt from no where. Emotions flowed, too much for him to handle!

Suddenly he wiped off something wet off his faceplate, curiously gazing at the clear liquid. That's when it clicked in his processor: Tears.

Tears was released from his neon orange optics.

Tears flowed on, released from the cage that was set since her death.

Tears strolled on, relieving him from the pain of keeping his emotions in check for so long.

Tears reminded him of his sister's death, fresh and crisp.

And he kept leaking tears.

"Why... Why did it return?!" he bellowed, emotions trampled his senses and thoughts.

He thus executed his reaction to it. He started punching the ground, then clenched his servos.

Unbeknownst him, a femme approached him from behind calmly, worried about his well being. His harsh words were still seared in her spark, but she ignored it.

He was her sparklinghood friend. He was her shelter when her si- No, WaveBlast had one of his fits. He was her soother when her sister disappeared.

ZincBlade was all she knew her whole life.

Now it's her turn to help him in return.

The ivory and soft green femme approached him with intent of help. ZincBlade never seemed to notice her presence, not even when she wrapped her arms around the larger mech. In fact, he seemed shut off from the world, wrapped in his overwhelming emotions.

Suddenly, his wet optics flickered open, and gazed up into her crimson optics.

"H-H-Hymn?" he croaked in a broken voice, a voice that made Hymn realize that he was in a more worse condition then she thought in the first place.

Her expression softened at him, and she nodded.

Suddenly Zinc blinked away his tears, his faceplate was that of a lost sparkling.

That was when she released him and caressed his heavily scarred faceplate with gentleness. Her nimble digits wiped off his tears with care as she smiled assuringly at him.

"Shh... Everything is alright," she whispered to his audio soothingly. Zinc leant into Hymn's touch, slowly calming down as his emotions began to balance out.

After the last sun ray went down, ZincBlade looked down at HymnWave's smaller form, questions rose one by one.

"Why?" he asked.

"Why what?" she asked back.

"Why... Why did you help me? Why did you let me cry? Why didn't you left me? Why did you accepted my emotions? Why didn't you stop me? Why-"

"Woah Zinkey calm down! You should have told me about the upcoming 20 Questions," she joked, but then her face turned solemn. "Why not? You needed that. You needed somebot to give you assurance. You needed care," she replied quietly, "And... I needed to know that you feel better. I felt the need to make you feel better."

At that moment, ZincBlade was speechless. She... She cared- No she cares, she still cares about him. She cares even after he almost murdered her, even after he rejected her coldly with harshness. She cares... And his spark yet created an emotion, one he specifically shuttered from his whole frame.

Before he could reply, a blast went straight at the two.

And pain erupted within ZincBlade as he took on the blast, pushing Hymn behind him in protection and fear. For her.

Pain? Pain... When was the last time he felt it? And yet...

Another emotion unlocked.

One that made him feel alive.

A/N

Dundundun! I seriously ship those two, they can't get off my mind the whole trip! >~< So I decided to write this shipping as in hopes to release the pressure!

I got the idea while listening to Skillet's albums: Comatose, Awake, Comatose Comes Alive, and Rise. Yalliahi the songs they do are the most inspirational ever!

FYI-This one shot is mostly based off "Yours To Hold" by Skillet all versions

And yes, the requested one-shots are still under construction.