28. Yay... do I still have a chance?

Hello All

I hope you all are enjoying the story...

I want to dedicate this chapter to Juveriyamalik SrinidhiRollno126 Abhi_sk
wonderwomenk umasri and all my lovely readers.

So are you guys ready to know what happened next...??? Let's dive in..

***************************************
Ashni POV:

I can't do this. I got up and walked towards our friends who were standing to the side. Everyone was confused, especially my family.

"Icha, do you like Anrag?" I asked her. She was completely shocked. So were all the other guests. She wasn't saying anything.

"Ashni, what are you doing?" Mom asked.

"What needs to be done. Right thing." I said.

I turned to Anrag.

"Anrag, just be honest. Do you like Icha?" I asked him.

He got up and just didn't say anything.

"Anrag, what is she saying? You like Icha?" Uncle asked.

"Why didn't you tell before? Why to bring things this far and disappoint everyone. " Aunty said.

"Aunty, he didn't want to disappoint anyone. That's why he didn't say anything. My parents trusted him the most. So he didn't want to disappoint them the most. So decided to marry me even when he is not happy about it. And more over these two never confessed to eachother." I explained.

My family understood the situation. My dad walked to Anrag.

"Anrag, I know I said you would be perfect for Ashni. And that I trust you with her. But that doesn't mean that we don't care about your happiness. You are our kid too. Your happiness also matters a lot for us. And I didn't realise you could have liked someone. I am really sorry to put you through this. Please don't feel obligated for this. Even if you had said no to us, it would have changed nothing. Trust me." Dad said. I smiled at him.

"Yes, it's not going to change anything." Mom added to him.

"I am sorry Mom, Dad, Aunty and Uncle. Really. I didn't know what to do. First I wasn't clear about my feelings and thought can do this. But when I realised, it was too late. And I was afraid that Ashni and I would end up like how Aunty and Rohan uncle were. I was scared to loose you all and Ashni. I am so sorry." He said and hugged my dad.

"Idiot. Why did you even think all of this without even talking to us. You are just like Rohan. Stupid thinking." Aunty said.

"Hey, don't say that about me now." Rohan uncle said and we all laughed.

I turned to Icha. She is completely silent. I went close to her.

"Why didn't you tell me? You know that this is a arranged marriage. And that I will definitely not do this if I knew about your feelings." I said.

"I am sorry. But I wasn't sure if he likes me and moreover, you were just moving on and he can actually be the best partner and I didn't want to ruin that for you." She said in tears holding my hand.

"Stupid, nothing is more important to me than everyone whom I care about being happy. And this is why you have been avoiding us since you got the news." I said. She just nodded.

"You are not as strong as you seem to be. That's good. But ha, be tough with this guy, he needs some kind of controlling partner." I said and she smiled a little wiping her tears.