Can't You Stay a Little Longer

The doctor stated that Jungkook had made several improvements. But really, who were they kidding? He was suffering from the 4th stage of pulmonary hypertension. He could barely survive another month. They needed a heart transplant surgery. Doctors and Jungkook's family were trying their best to find blood matches and heart transplants for him. None of them really held onto hope when most of the days were spent with Jungkook awake for not more than twelve hours, and the younger he got skinnier with each passing second, it felt like the bed could swallow him up, which worried his parents and brothers.

The Kim family teared up as Jungkook's skinny hand reached out for them. Mrs. Kim, who was nearby, grabbed it carefully, as if it were some fragile glass that would break with just a touch.

"Mom..." Jungkook stutters.

"Yes, baby?" Mrs. Kim said, trying to put on a smile.

"I... am... bored here... Can't I go out from here... I don't like it here?" Jungkook asked, gulping.

"But... you are weak now, honey... When you become healthy, we will go anywhere you want to, okay?" Mrs. Kim said, ruffling his hair. "The beach is nice during these days, isn't it, hyung?" Jungkook said, looking at Jin, who was on the other side of his hospital bed, ignoring Mrs. Kim's answer.

"It's going to be cold soon, Jungkook-ah," he answered while tucking Jungkook's blanket to his neck and making sure the youngest was warm enough.

"I want to go to the beach, Mom," Jungkook said, looking back to his mother.

"Jungkook-ah, I'll go ask the doctor once you're fit enough, okay?" This time, Mr. Kim answered, who was near Mrs. Kim with his other five sons.

"And when will that happen, Dad?" Jungkook asked.

"What!?" Yoongi reacted. "When am I going to be fit enough to go out, hyung?" Jungkook's eyes were sad, although he smiled. "Dad, take me now before I'm not able to," Kook's way of talking was practically begging, and his family could never resist those eyes. Mr. Kim sighed. "Alright... I will talk to the doctor, hmm?" He patted his youngest son's head.

"It's dangerous, Dad!" Yoongi said harshly to his father outside Jungkook's hospital room. "Well, him staying in the hospital could be dangerous too," Jin said, coming from the room along with Namjoon and Hoseok.

Yoongi glared at his only hyung but didn't say anything.

"What's your point, Dad?" Yoongi demanded now. "My point is," He stared into Yoongi's eyes, "what else can we give him other than happiness, Yoongi-ah? Can we give him a donor, huh? Till now we don't have any donor... I don't know... what... but we can make him happy... probably... it's probably the last thing he asks from us, and I'm giving it to him," Mr. Kim said and went from there, leaving his four frowned sons.

"Dad is right, hyung," Hoseok said, putting a hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "With this, we can make him stay a little longer with us... as long as he wants to stay with us." His voice was shaking, but he was trying hard to stop his tears. "I... I... myself... also want him to stay with us just for a little longer... But... but... I'm scared, Hoseok-ah. I am scared... I'm scared of making a mistake. I'm scared of taking him away from here and it's too late," He buried his face in his palms while crying. Hoseok hugged him.

"What if Dad said was true... what if this is his... his last thing he asked from us... what if... what if... he never..." Yoongi sobbed in his own tears, and Hoseok hugged him even tighter while crying.

Namjoon couldn't control his emotions at this point and he left from there.