Chapter 3

~*Alexandria's P. O. V*~

Every slow step closer I got to Chris' bed made me want to run out of the room in horror of the wounds he suffered. I never thought seeing his beautiful face would ever make me feel this way.

"Run," my mind repeated over and over until I was standing by his side.

He had a massive white bandage taped to his right temple. I could see a dark bruise peeking out from under patch and red marks surrounding it. His arms had bruises and cuts as well. The only noise in the room was the heart monitor beeping at what I hoped was a normal heart rate and the oxygen machine following air in and out of Chris' lungs through an oxygen mask I could also see a brace tightly fastened around his broken hand. His solid silver wedding ring glistened in the lights coming from the ceiling. Tears began to flow from my eyes again and I slowly fell to the ground.

"Please wake up," I pleaded softly.

His eyes remained shut and didn't move an inch. I stayed on my knees and grabbed his cold, unbandaged hand and whispered,"You didn't leave me. I'm not leaving you."

*TWO HOURS LATER*

Everyone, including Angelo who was being pushed in a wheel chair by Rebel came in to see Chris.

"Oh god. I can't even look," Kylie said in a squeaky voice as she turned and burrowed her head into Devin's chest.

Josh came beside me craddling sleeping Brandan in his arms. I wiped the tears off my cheeks and said,"Hi baby," as I attempted a happy smile at the sight of my son. I stood up and carefully took him from Josh.

"How did his face hit the window anyways?" Ryan questioned.

That was actually true. How DID that happen?

"I can answer that," Doctor Sanders commented as he walked in the room.

I quickly sat on the sofa next to Chris' bed in fear I might collapse again after hearing the answer.

"When the paramedics came, they found both Chris and Angelo unconscious in the vehical. Chris head was laying against Angelo's chest, which is where the blood on your shirt came from. We believe he was either trying to cover Angelo when the truck hit the car or the impact made him fall to that side somehow, hitting his head against the window. We're not sure which option it was though.

~*Angelo's P. O. V*~

"He was protecting me."

Everyone turned to look at me.

"How do you know that?" Ricky asked curiously.

"I remember what happened."

*FLASHBACK*

"LOOK OUT!"

Chris turned the wheel as fast as he could but he was too late. The truck collided with our's and Chris immediately threw himself over me. The window next to me smashed and the car came to a hault. I saw his body hunched over me and his head began leaking blood. My mind finally processed what happened and the regestration knocked me out cold.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"He was trying to make sure I didn't get hurt. Even if it meant he did. It's my fault he's in a coma," I admitted, hanging my head down.

"No Angelo. It isn't," Alex denied.

She came over to me and kneeled down in front of me with Brandan still in her arms.

"Ang, you didn't make Chris do what he did. He *WANTED* to protect you. It was an accident. You didn't make any of this happen," she assured.

I could feel her kiss my forehead and whisper,"I love you, Angelo."