Chapter 23

~*Chris' P. O. V*~

Alex fell fast asleep in my arms once again. I can't even explain how proud I am of her for not giving in and flushing that blade. I always knew she was stronger than her problem. It was almost 12:00 as I laid there, staring at the ceiling, listening to Alex peacefully sleeping. I still need to think of a way we can spend our anniversary with each other. I hated knowing I wasn't going to be here but we HAVE to go on tour. After Alex having Brandan, Ang breaking his hand, and me being in a coma, Motionless needs this, bad. I sighed then looked at her. I want to show her I still love her with all my heart. I mean this woman carried and gave birth to my son, she sat in a hospital room beside me for two weeks while I was in a coma, helped me recover afterward, and tattooed my name on her skin. I carefully grabbed her left arm that was around my waist and turned it slightly. "Christopher Thomas Cerulli" on top of fading scars. I kissed her wrist then placed her arm back where it was.

"I love you," I whispered before falling asleep.

*THE DAY BEFORE MOTIONLESS LEAVES FOR TOUR*

Since it's the last day before we're gone for two months, I'm spending every second with my wife and son with no interruptions. Alex and I were finishing getting ready to leave, she was doing her makeup, I was searching for my beanie which seemed to be no where.

"Alex, have you seen my beanie?" I asked her.

"I think I saw it in Brandan's room," she said then continued to do her eye shadow.

I went into Brandan's room and searched around until I heard him laughing in his crib. When I looked at him, I couldn't help but laugh as well. He was sitting against the rails around his crib with my beanie on his head low enough to cover his eyes. I pulled it off a little and said,"Excuse me, but I think you have something of mine."

He laughed again which made me smile at him. I picked him up and brought him back into mine and Alex's room.

"Found it," I said as I stepped in the door.

She turned around and said,"Where was....oh my God," then laughed.

"Someone likes Daddy's hat," she said to him.

He smiled and pulled the beanie back over his eyes.

"Yeah, he's defiantly your's," she teased.

"I hope he is," I joked back.

"Well...." she trailed off.

"Ha ha, funny," I said sarcastically.

She lifted it back off Brandan's face and said,"Gotta wear it like this. Other wise we can't see your gorgeous eyes."

"Ready?" I asked her.

She kissed my cheek and nodded. We both headed downstairs, grabbed the keys to the expedition, and stepped out the door. Alex sat in the back seat holding Brandan while I drove. Every red light we hit, she looked back and forth from both sides of the road to make sure no cars came. She gets paranoid now since the accident whenever I'm driving.

"No one is going to hit us," I said as I looked at her in the mirror.

She looked back and said,"I know."

"What are we doing anyways?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Not a clue honestly," I said.

"Want to stop at a Starbucks?"

I smiled and said,"Sure."

When we finally arrived, Alex crawled out of the backseat with Brandan while I turned the car off and got out of the driver's seat. We stepped inside and approached the counter.