Chapter Ten

Enjoy the chapter, throw the comments and make my day ((:

The game is over and France has won, exactly how Harry and Louis predicted it.

"Pay up, Horan." Harry smirks. "I'm right."

"Ugh, here you go." Niall gives Harry a ten and Harry high fives the smaller boy, that during the game ended up next to Harry.

"This was fun guys, but I really have to go back. Pez is waiting for me." Zayn stands up and takes his jeans jacket.

"Already?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, for some reason she is really pissed off still. I don't know, some idiot saying that I'm about to marry her best friend."

Louis grabs a bottle of beer from the table and he looks the other way and for some reason it doesn't sit well with Harry, the way Zayn passively aggressive attacks Louis. I mean, he is in the same position as Zayn and he hasn't made a big deal out of it.

"Don't be rude, Zayn." Harry answers. "It was an honest mistake."

"Louis Tomlinson doesn't do honest mistakes." Zayn spits, giving an evil glare at Louis, who grabs a cigarette out of his pocket. "Look at him, he doesn't even react."

Harry looks at Louis, who is indeed just lighting up his cigarette.

"Guys, I don't think this is a discussion for right now." Liam intervenes. "It's a good night, the game was really excited to watch, let's end the night on a good note."

"Why are you reacting like this? If someone should be angry with someone, it's me with you Zayn but I didn't say a single word about it. It would have been nice to know that you have, had, whatever a crush on my future wife. I got together with Lottie only six months later after Louis left so obviously there were still feelings there."

"I used to like Lottie but that's over mate." Zayn shakes his head. "Really, I'm very happy with Perrie."

"Then stop blaming stuff on Louis." Harry doesn't know where his need to protect Louis comes from, but it's there and he can't push it back. "The two of you are best friends."

"Best friends don't just leave without a warning." Harry recognises hurt in the eyes of Zayn before he stands up and leaves.

"I should go after him." Liam stands up and follows Zayn.

"Thanks for inviting me, but I have a lady waiting for me." Louis finishes his bottle of beer and storms off as well.

Niall mouths something at Harry, but Harry has no clue what. He gives Niall a confusing look, which makes Niall start mouthing the same thing but his mouth goes wider after each word. It confuses Harry a lot more than the first time to be honest.

"Oh for god's sake, Harry. Go after him!" Niall whisper shouts.

"Why should I go after him?" Harry raises his eyebrow.

"He obviously is upset, Harry. He just got into an argument with his best friend. He needs support now."

"And why should I do that? Look, Niall it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't think I'm the correct person."

"Trust me, you are. I'm going to my room now, H. Do whatever you feel like doing. See you tomorrow, yeah?"

"See you, Nialler." Harry pets his back and stands up as well. He decides to go for a walk on the beach. Lottie probably isn't back yet and there is too much on his mind.

Harry takes off his shoes and holds them in his hand, enjoying the way how the sand feels between his toes, and the sound of the ocean calms him down. That is though until he hears loud sobs, and his heart breaks when his eyes fall on a boy, head hidden between his knees and arms wrapped around them. It's dark, he's hiding in himself but Harry recognises Louis immediately.

"Louis?" He drops his shoes in the sand and sits down next to the boy.

"Go away, Harry."

"Louis, talk to me please." Harry's hand goes through his hair. "You can talk to me."

"You hate me, remember? Just like everybody here. I shouldn't have come. I'm clearly not wanted and I only bring misery, like I always have done."

"Don't say that." Harry shakes his head. "Lottie is over the moon that you are here. I am too, it's just a bit hard for me to show that. I promise, Louis I am happy that you are here." Harry is soothingly rubbing Louis' back and his breathing starts to get regular again.

"You have seen me cry now, I'm afraid I should kill you now Curly. You know too much." Louis jokes, laughing through his tears.

"You do know that you can be vulnerable, right? You don't have to be that person you think you have to be. You don't have to make up that there are girls waiting for you while you are here, alone, crying and not being fine at all." Harry's thumb softly goes over Louis' face. "You also don't have to pretend that you don't care about things, Louis. I can see through your act of crazy alcoholic that doesn't give a shit."

"Who says that's an act?" Louis' tears are dry now and he has a teasing smile on his face.

"You didn't drink as much as I did the previous night." Harry explains. "And now I have seen you spilling more beer than actually drinking it."

"Congratulations, you are the first person to notice that in three years." Louis laughs humourlessly.

"I don't get it, Louis. Why do you want people to think about you like that?"

And Louis looks at Harry' his eyes even brighter in the moonlight. It takes Harry's breath away.

"I'm just going to tell you one thing, Harry. It's easier to be hated as someone you are not, then to be hated as yourself."