Chapter Thirty

Another one, can't believe it's already chapter 30. It's going so quickly. 

It's around three o'clock in the night when Louis arrives back in his room. A smile creeps on his face when he sees the single bed empty and the double one, which is Louis', is occupied by a sleeping Harry curled up in his blanket and snoring lightly. Is there anything cuter than that?

Louis turns on the light and changes himself as quiet as possible. He turns around when he hears Harry murmuring something.

"Lou..." his voice is hoarse and his eyes are very little. He looks so sleepy and Louis thinks it's the most adorable thing ever.

"Hi, baby." Louis smiles. "I'll be over in a minute, just need to brush my teeth. You can continue your sleep, love."

"Hmmm" Harry groans. "Want cuddles."

So Louis quickly brushes his teeth, turns off the big light and turns on the little one next to his bed. Harry has turned around now so he faces Louis and Louis joins him in bed, hands immediately put around his waist so he can cuddle the younger boy.

"Here are your cuddles." Louis' fingers stroke Harry's back and Harry's head is resting on Louis' chest, pecking Louis' neck before he gets himself comfortable.

"This feels so nice." Harry says. "You feel so trusted."

"I feel the same about you. I really like you, Harry." Louis breathes out. "Proper like you."

"I like you too. Louis, when you were with Lottie I had the chance to think and I- I don't know about you but, I want to keep exploring this, us." Harry whispers. He takes one of Louis' hands in his own and starts rubbing circles into it. "I have never been so happy, never felt so alive while kissing someone. I don't know if you are okay with it, if you feel so strongly for me as well but-"

"I do." Louis interrupts him. "I really do feel as strongly for you." Louis brings Harry's hand to his lips and kisses it gently. "You're it for me, I'm willing to risk it all again, for you, for us."

"That's what I wanted and needed to hear." Harry breathes out in relief. "Because, I want to have a talk with Lottie and cancel this wedding. I can't imagine marrying someone else now I know you, Louis, now that I have tasted your lips and felt your arms around me. I really can't."

Harry's words make Louis even happier because of course there was still a part of him scared that Harry was just being adventurous, scared that the younger boy would say it was all just a mistake, heath of the moment thing.

But it's not, Harry feels the same and it's the most amazing feeling Louis has ever had, to share feelings with the one you care about so deeply.

"You are picking me, aren't you? Like I am picking you?" Louis whispers, head getting closer to Harry's.

"It's not picking when there isn't even a choice, Lou." Harry whispers back. "It has been you from the moment you turbulently walked into my life."

Louis chuckles lightly, giving Harry an eskimo kiss by making their noses touch.

"I made quite an entrance, didn't I?"

"You did. It's fine though, as long as you don't make an exit."

"Never." Louis' voice is quiet but sincere. "You are alright if I kiss you, right?"

"Are you going to ask me that forever?" Harry laughs.

"It just feels so surreal." Louis whispers, stroking Harry's cheek.

"Try kissing me again and you might realize it's all real."

Louis answers by pressing his lips on Harry's again, pushing the boy closer to his own body. He is sharing a bed with someone and it's the very first time that it doesn't have a sexual meaning but a caring one, maybe even a loving one.

--

Louis wishes that he would have woken up next to his curly baby, but that's not the case. Harry is already up, showered and very active.

"Haz..." Louis groans.

"You are awake!" Harry smiles and jumps on top of Louis. "Let's go, baby! Today is the day of the boat trip! I love boats!" If there is one thing that Louis hates, it's energetic people in the morning. But the way Harry is so smiley and excited like a kid on Christmas is honestly the most endearing thing Louis has ever witnessed.

"No morning kiss?" Louis teases. "I mean, I got a pretty good view up here."

Harry blushes a bit but leans in to capture Louis' lips. He still isn't used to that tingling feeling and the sped up heartbeat but he loves it. He is pretty sure he would be okay with kissing Louis for the rest of his life.

"Are you going to get changed? I want to have a quiet morning with you, having breakfast before we go on the trip." Harry says after making out for a bit.

"A quiet morning means making out in bed, doesn't it?" Louis smirks and Harry playfully rolls his eyes.

"Or it means that we are going to have some nice breakfast, a walk on the beach, a drink at the bar,... Come on, Lou get ready! Go change!" Harry whines.

"Is this your way of getting to see me naked?"

Harry's mouth gets dry only by the thought of that and he starts to blush. Louis kisses him comfortably on his forehead.

"I'm joking baby, no need to get all red and flustered, cutie. I'm taking a shower and I'll be back." Louis kisses Harry one more time before he takes a shower.

When he comes back, he sees Harry sitting on their bed, playing the guitar.

"I didn't know you could play?" Louis smirks as he watches Harry play.

"Only a little bit. I'm sorry I just took your guitar like that, I should have asked you."

"Don't need to apologize, it's alright if you play and sing me a song."

"No, Lou you know I can't sing." Harry shakes his head.

"All lies."

"It's not."

"I heard you sing, you idiot. Go ahead now."

Harry starts to play the first notes of one of his favorite songs. It reminds him of Louis, their story, and the way he is. The first notes of Eric Clapton's Layla are heard.

What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long
You know it's just your foolish pride

Louis bites his lip, recognizing himself in the lyrics. It's funny how Harry knows him, has the perfect song in mind.

Louis, you've got me on my knees
Louis, I'm begging, darling please
Louis, darling won't you ease my worried mind

Louis laughs when he hears Harry change the name to his own. He's an idiot, he really is. He looks fondly at the younger boy though who is playing the guitar like a pro.

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down
Like a fool, I fell in love with you
Turned my whole world upside down

And fuck, the way Harry looks at him when he sings the last two parts drives Louis insane because he actually believes him, believes that Harry is falling for him the exact same way that he is falling for Harry.

"Come here, you idiot." Louis grabs Harry by the hem of his shirt and connects their lips. "You really have to stop doing those kind of cute romantic things because my heart will literally just beat of my bloody body, Styles."

Just when Harry is about to answer that Louis has exact the same effect on him, Harry's phone beeps. He takes it out of his pocket and reads a message from Lottie.

Can we talk right now?