03

: *. .* :☆゚3. Car Ride Home

❝I don't care, let me out of the car❞

I don't care, let me out of the car

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[y/n] and Sugawara did in fact see each other in the bar, but that was about as far as it went for most of the night. Sugawara was much to awkward to go over and talk to [y/n] who seemed rather distracted by her fancy film friends. He recognised one of them from a movie [y/n] wrote and directed, he was basically the star of that movie and considering how well that movie did, he pretty much started his career as an actor. There's was a rumour that him and [y/n] were dating a while back but it was never confirmed. The two were both very attractive people who worked closely together, so it was obvious that there would be a dating rumour floating around.

It was actually embarrassing how much Sugawara knew about the 'Hollywood' drama surrounding [y/n] and her movies. And he said he was over her.

Sugawara sat on a bar stool, nursing a beer for the majority of the night with Makoto coming back to keep him company every couple of minutes.

"Did you talk to her?" She asked once he came back in from [y/n] and his conversation. He actually stood out there for almost 20 minutes after [y/n] left. He was pretty shellshocked after seeing her and how stupid he was for almost going in for a kiss. He hadn't even drank anything yet when he was talking to her, there was no excuse. He cringed at the memory.

"Yes..." he grumbled, slumping over, head almost hitting the marbel bar counter.
"Did it go okay?" Makoto asked, she seemed nervous for him.
"It was fine, not too awkward," he answered, barely paying attention to the conversation. Much too focused on his thoughts.
"I see..." Makoto answered. She was smart enough to notice there something happened considering how lost in thought Sugawara was but brushed it off.

"Well, I'm going to go talk to her and her friends now... If you want to come with me?" Makoto asked him.
"No, I'm good, those actors and film people are a bit too intimidating for me," Sugawara admitted, his eyes staring at the ceiling. Makoto couldn't help but let out a tiny laugh. Film people. It sounded so silly.

"Alright, I'll come back and see you in a minute okay?" She told him as she got up to leave, lightly pushing his shoulder. Something she had always done to him affectionately. Sugawara watched as she walked over to [y/n] whose smile widened at the sight of her, wrapping her arms around her for a quick hug.

He would kill for [y/n] to react that when seeing him. Makoto and her stayed close even after all these years, unlike [y/n] and him. Makoto went to America often to visit family which made it easy to see [y/n] in the process, who worked and lived there nowadays.