Chapter 10

"I saw that boy you were talking to the other week earlier - in the art department. Is that who you were with on Saturday night?" Mckenzie was practically beaming at me as we walked through the corridor to English. I wasn't feeling so energetic since it was Monday afternoon and her going on at me to try and uncover my so-called secret from the weekend was driving me crazy.

However what she said did spark some interest within me, was she talking about Harry? Why was Harry in the art department?

"No, Mckenzie," I groaned, "Will you please drop it."

"I'm your best friend! What could be so bad that you can't tell me? Did you cheat on Liam? With that curly-haired guy?"

"God, no! It's nothing like that, honestly, I just can't tell you." My stubbornness earned a grumble from my rather nosy friend but I shrugged it off. I vowed I didn't need anyone finding out about anything that happened and I'm sticking to my word on this one.

I don't know why I didn't want to tell anyone about it, it's not like I did anything really wrong apart from choose to walk home late at night by myself, but I just didn't need the lecture on staying safe and how I could've died. I'm here, I'm fine and I think I learned my lesson so there's no issue that needs to be made a fuss of. And on the other hand there's Harry - I didn't need people finding out I stayed at his house for all sorts of different reasons. For one, I don't need people thinking something's going on between us and I'm sure he didn't want anyone thinking that either - it'd surely dent his reputation. Secondly, if Liam or my parents found out they'd jump to conclusions and it'd all become some huge mess, Liam might even blame himself for not being there.

We took our seats in the English classroom, taking out our books and such before settling down and waiting for the teacher to begin talking. My mind had reached full capacity and I found it hard to think clearly, I just wanted to go home.

Around half way through the lesson my phone buzzed in my pocket, I took it out and slyly unlocked it on my lap. As sixth form we were allowed our phones in school but teachers tended to get salty if you were caught on your phone during a lesson, but the coast seemed to be clear so I continued to use it under the desk. The buzzing was a text from none other than Liam asking if I was free today since his lecturer was ill and he didn't have any more classes for the rest of the day. I felt strangely guilty, which I didn't need to be because I was completely innocent. I replied telling him that I finished after this class at 1pm and he said he'd pick me up outside then.

Following a further dreary half an hour, finally I was done for the day so I said goodbye to Mckenzie who unfortunately had to stay until later, and made my way out the gates. I hopped into Liam's car that was waiting for me as promised and he smiled happily at me when I sat down beside him in the passenger seat.

"Hey, how was your day?" he asked politely. Liam was always very well mannered and in school he was a top student for achieving good grades or helping out with something or another. He was the prime example of what most people would consider perfection, and I admired him for it, but sometimes it made me feel pressured to try and be even half as good as him at everything I did.

"It was okay, what about yours?" I smiled back.

"Only okay?" he frowned some, ignoring my question and resting his hand on my knee in a comforting gesture. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, silly. It was as good as a school day can be," I chuckled, putting my hand on top of his and locking our fingers together. "How was your day?"

"It was good. I only had one class and then - as I told you - I found out that my lecturer wasn't in so I got to leave early. Anyway, I was thinking we could go for lunch?"