Chapter 77

"Jess! Oh shít, Jess, wake up."

Someone was shaking me awake. I opened my eyes slightly and the light was blinding. I saw two figures leaning down over me, and I groaned as I came round, feeling achey. 

"Thank god," one of the figures sighed with relief, as I adjusted to the light I saw that it was Louis.

"What happened?" I murmured.

"You walked out in front of a car, you muppet!" 

"Are you okay?" the other figure asked, sounding panicked and concerned. I still didn't know who he was - I didn't even recognise him. 

Noticing my confusion, Louis explained, "This is the poor fella that was driving the car that you danced out in front of."

"Oh, yeah, I think I'm fine," I assured him, feeling only a bit bruised. And that was just my ego.

"Are you sure?" the man pressed, looking pretty shaken by the whole ordeal. I didn't blame him either, I was an idiot.

The two of them reached down and helped me up off the floor. I brushed myself off and moved around to see if anything really did hurt, but generally I felt fine. I must've had a lucky escape - this could've been so much worse.

"I'm certain, thank you. I'm so sorry to have scared you like that. Is your car okay?"

"Oh don't worry about that! Here, take my card, if you feel worse later then feel free to contact me."

The man, who was clad in a smart, light grey suit and light blue, unbuttoned shirt, delved into his pocket and pulled out a business card. He thrusted it into my hand with an uneasy smile. He had nothing to worry about, I had far too much on my mind to think about suing someone for something that was totally my fault. 

We thanked him and apologised once again, before getting back into Louis' car. I agreed to him taking me home - after everything that had happened I wasn't really in the mood for attempting to argue with Zayn anymore. I was better off waiting and speaking to Harry.

The rest of the day was pretty horrendous. I had nothing to do, and couldn't get Harry off my mind. I so desperately wanted to see him and the time was going by so slowly. Trust the day to drag when all I wanted was for it to end. I laid in my room and watched TV, scrolled on my phone, anything to distract myself. 

I didn't eat much of my dinner, feeling sick when I tried to. My stomach was churning. I just pushed the food around on my plate, slowly going off the idea more and more as my mum and Niall eyed me subtly as they ate their meals. There was little to no conversation at the dinner table, and eventually I had to ask to be excused because I couldn't take it anymore. 

Louis had obviously blabbed to Mckenzie about what'd happened, because at just after seven she called me and blabbered down the phone at me for a just over an hour. I didn't really want to talk, but I guess she was concerned about me and wanted to make sure I was okay, and it did send an hour flying by and once I'd got off the phone I decided to get into my pyjamas and settle down under the duvet, until eventually I fell asleep early with the TV still on.

---------------------------

Today was the day. 

I woke up early - due to a combination of falling asleep early and being totally terrified, but also not being able to wait to see Harry. I was so nervous to meet with him and hear him out two days after his arrest. Those two days felt like an eternity. 

I was ready by eight thirty and my mum dropped me round to Louise and Ian's house, commenting on how exquisite their home was since it was the first time she'd been there. It was still so weird that this was how my mum had met Harry's parents, and I wish it hadn't have been under these circumstances.