Chapter 42

**In the prologue, I put a warning saying that this story will contain mature content. Let's just say you should bare that in mind before reading this chapter... This is the only reminder I'll be giving for the rest of the story.**

———————

When Harry's alarm went off at God knows what time, my skin was slightly clammy having been pressed against his all night long. He groaned and fumbled with his phone, silencing the awful sound of Marimba that filled the room.

"What time is it?" I grumbled, my mouth barely moving against the skin of his chest whilst I kept my eyes squeezed shut.

"Nearly half six," Harry muttered back. There was a nice silence before Harry sighed, "I have to go."

"I know," I sighed back. We were both still for a moment before Harry started to move underneath me and eventually he slipped out from his spot in my bed to get up. I only opened my eyes to cheekily watch him stretch his muscles in those boxer shorts.

He pulled on his clothes from yesterday with his eyes half shut and his lips pushed out, his bed hair was wild and looked unmanageably knotty. Once I'd gawked at him getting dressed, I snapped my eyes shut before he could see me and he started to approach me. I pretended to be drifting back to sleep as his palm smoothed over my hair and he leaned down and kissed my head.

"See you later," he whispered, and I mumbled a response before he silently left.

It was an hour later when I ultimately had to get out of bed, reacting the same way I had the first time when this time my alarm went off.

———————

Wednesday was uneventful, as was Thursday. But on Friday, for some reason, Louis felt the need to inform me that Harry's parents had gone away for the weekend, and told me I should ask him if he 'wanted any company'. Apparently Louis had told Harry that he should invite me over, but Harry being Harry he was reluctant to do so.

When I finally bumped into him in the hallway on his way to Art, I did as Louis said and asked Harry if he wanted to do something tonight. He agreed, but didn't wouldn't decide on what it was we were going to do, just saying he'd pick me up from my house at three thirty, and to bring an overnight bag.

I had to get Mckenzie to cover for me again since my mum didn't know I even spoke to Harry, let alone know about whatever it was we had going on. Of course I didn't tell Niall either, just to spare him the aggravation.

Harry picked me up on time as promised, and without a word he drove us straight to a secluded cliff-top. He parked up in a spot overlooking the sea and we got out of the car to admire the view.

"I saw how amazed you were by the sky the other night at my house so I thought we could watch the sun set," he said quietly, murmuring slightly like he was embarrassed.

"That's... I would love to," I smiled. I think this is the most thoughtful thing Harry has ever done in his entire life, and the idea of watching the sun set over the sea with him made me feel all jittery and happy.

Harry went back to his car, and emerged with a McDonald's bag in his hand, offering me a burger he'd obviously gone to pick up before he collected me. "I know it's shít of me to bring you McDonald's but it was the only thing I was sure you liked, plus it was easy."

"You know I like casserole... and spaghetti," I teased him.

"Oh yeah, right, let me just whack out my fuckíng portable oven and make you a lovely casserole," he shot back, rolling his eyes whilst shoving the burger into my hands as I chuckled. If I was in the right mood, Harry's sarcasm and grumpy comments did make me laugh.