Chapter 30

Harry and I lounged around in bed for another hour. One minute he'd be as far away from me as possible and I'd suspect he'd fallen back to sleep, and the next he'd be rolling towards me and wrap his whole body around mine, nuzzling into me whilst staring off into space. It was a weird morning to follow a weird night.

It was ten AM when we finally dragged ourselves out of the warmth and comfort of the blankets and headed downstairs. I walked behind Harry as we silently descended the staircase, and when we were almost at the bottom he suddenly stopped dead and I hit my chin on his shoulder.

"Oww! What are yo-"

"Shh," he silenced me, turning to me with that weird look on his face that people make when they're listening really carefully to something barely audible. What could he hear?

I looked puzzled at him for a couple of seconds, and just as I opened my mouth to ask him what he was doing, I heard a giggle through the wall separating the stairs and the living room. We looked at each other with unreadable expressions whilst making sure to keep completely silent in order to eavesdrop.

"Looouuuissss," a voice whined through the giggles in what sounded like impatience. It sounded like Mckenzie, and her voice was accompanied by the rustling of duvets.

"Nuh-uh-uh!" Louis tutted back and I'm assuming it was Mckenzie that huffed afterwards, "Patience is a virtue."

A loud, sensual groan was heard, and that's when I slapped my hand over my mouth and stared at Harry with wide eyes, he held a disgusted yet fairly amused expression as we stood on the stairs only feet away from god knows what was happening in the living room.

"What are they doing!" I whisper-yelled, my voice even more muffled by my palm.

"I don't want to know..."

"How am I going to leave the house? Maybe we should go back upstairs and give them... a minute."

Clearly not valuing their privacy, Harry had a different idea. "This is your five second warning to stop whatever the fück it is that you're doing down there so we can turn this corner without seeing anything that will permanently scar Jessica's innocent mind," he called out, and I gasped and slapped his arm.

"Oh for God's sake!" Mckenzie grumbled, and a loud cackle was heard from Louis before there was more shuffling of covers and muttering between the two of them.

"Okay, it's safe," Louis called back, amusement laced in his tone of voice.

Harry stepped down the rest of the stairs and turned the corner casually, with me trailing behind feeling slightly embarrassed. Louis and Mckenzie were lying on the sofa; Louis in only boxers atop the crisp white duvet, Mckenzie hiding underneath the covers next to him.

"Perfect timing, thanks," my friend said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at us.

"Well maybe if you didn't start something at ten o'clock in the morning, your friends wouldn't interrupt it," Harry replied bluntly.

"Jess, how're you feeling?" Mckenzie asked me, completely changing the subject at a weird moment in time. She was trying to suppress a laugh, which indicated to me that she knew exactly what a mess I was in last night.

"Yeah, great..."

---------

I went home half an hour later and tried to make myself feel less like I was on my deathbed by having a long bath and loading myself with water and pain killers before having a nice long nap. Despite the fact I was a disgusting human being, it was kind of like a pamper day, so I actually kind of enjoyed it.