Explanation

Hi guys, 

First of all sorry if you thought this was an update - it isn't, but I'd really appreciate if you would read it anyway :)

Basically I just thought it's been way too long since I last updated this story and I wanted to explain why I've been absent for so long. Honestly there's not a clean cut answer for why I disappeared over a month ago, and I don't want to bore you with excuses, but for anyone who might've been wondering I just thought I'd catch you up. 

I updated Illicit two days after my eighteenth birthday, and usually I post a new chapter once a week, but the week after that I had a little party to celebrate so I thought I'd give myself a week off to just enjoy myself. That week turned into two, and then three, and so on. With my sixth form work, my job, my social life and so on, I was busy and kind of fell out of routine and wasn't in the mood to write anything. I'm not great at handling a lot of things at once; I'm a huge procrastinator and I'm very unmotivated in general so I guess I just lost the inspiration to get it done, despite obviously enjoying it.

Along with that, I met someone that I suppose you could say had a bit of an impact on my life, as stupid and mushy as that sounds. I won't force you to listen to me ramble on about that person lol, but I've spent a lot of my time on them so that's another reason I've been away for a while. I feel a bit like I've been living a real life fanfic, haha! It's been a bit like, 'what's the point in writing about fictional characters' relationships and problems when I've got my own to deal with?'. My emotions have been all over the place with everything that I've had on my plate and that again has had an effect on my motivation. I'm a very sensitive person, so one tiny little thing can really push me over the edge, and there's been times recently where I've been very, very down because of it.

I think One Direction going on their break has played a part in all of this as well. Since they've been gone and there's been hardly anything about any of them on social media to keep us involved, I've just kind of got on with my own life and haven't had that little section to keep me going. I miss them, and I don't want to move on and forget about them but it's actually really hard because they're basically gone. It's strange, I see a picture of Harry and I feel like I miss him? 

A lot has been going on for me, and I have been a bit of a ghost in terms of Wattpad, but I have been checking the app every so often and I am honestly overwhelmed with the support I've been receiving even whilst I've been having a little unplanned break. I can't thank you all enough for getting my little story to 379,000 reads and 16,000 votes, it's incredible and I cannot believe that so many people enjoy something that I've written - I would've never imagined I would get such an amazing response when I first started the story. I see every single comment and I appreciate everyone who's engaged.

I want to reassure you that this story is not over. I haven't given up, and I will definitely be coming back - whether it be tomorrow or in another month's time, I promise you that I will finish Illicit. I've really enjoyed everything that has come from Wattpad and it all means a lot to me. I've had the ending for this book planned for so, so long and I can assure you you will get to read it before summer this year. I've now been writing Illicit for over a year so there's no way I'm going to just abandon it.

I hope you're all well. Please do leave me some comments to read and I will reply to every single one; just tell me what you've been up to or something, I've missed reading and responding to them! Hopefully this has provided a bit of an insight as to what's been going on with me, since I forget that not everyone who reads my story follows me to see my posts. If you want to keep in the loop then do follow me on here or on my Twitter @eiliex to know when I plan on posting and such.

I will be back, I promise. And I hope you'll be waiting for me.

See you very soon. Lots of love,

Ellie .xx