Chapter 73

"Cheers mate," Harry thanked the taxi driver, sounding just about as British as he possibly could, apparently.

We climbed out of the cab and were assisted in getting our suitcases out of the boot. Harry paid for our ride and then we thanked the kind man once again for getting us here and being so talkative and welcoming along the way.

"No worries guys. Enjoy New York!" was what he replied with, before giving us a wave and going back round to get into the driver's seat to carry on with his day.

The hotel was huge and incredibly tall, and the whole thing was covered completely in metallic-looking glass windows and silver detailing. It was breathtakingly beautiful, and looked so fancy, situated right next to Grand Central Station.

As I was gawping in awe at the building, Harry took my hand to lead me inside — out of the busy street and into the warmth of the lobby. I let him do all the checking in while I stood at his side and eyed the inside, completely fascinated. He'd really outdone himself, I couldn't believe this amazing place was where we were staying for a week.

"Right, come on then," he said to me once he'd finished booking us in, gesturing with a nod towards the lift.

"Harry, this is incredible," I told him breathlessly, trailing behind him.

"Glad you like it," he smiled back at me. "Five stars. Only the best for you."

He sent me a wink when I blushed, and we stepped inside the lift, going all the way up to the seventeenth floor. Harry dragged the two suitcases along the corridor until we reached our room, where he set our stuff down and fished the key out of his pocket and opened the door.

He pushed it open to reveal a beautiful modern room; putty white walls with dark wood and one wall decorated with red wine coloured, futuristic-looking wallpaper which matched the cushions on the little white sofa by the window. The king sized bed looked enormous and soft, and all of the furniture was snazzy and appeared to be quite expensive.

"Wow," was all I could get out, standing behind Harry in the hallway just peering into the room in astonishment.

"I could get used to this," he quipped, nodding in appreciation.

He picked up the bags and we walked further into the room, shutting the door behind us. I strolled around, taking in the room in all it's glory. The view from the window was equally as impressive, with views of what Harry had told me was the Chrysler Building, and looking down on one long street dotted with loads of bright yellow taxis. The skyline was unreal; hundreds of buildings standing tall. It was quite the change from the little town in Southern England that we'd come from.

"Thank you so much for this, Harry. I've never experienced anything as amazing as this, and I cannot get over the fact you did it all for me. By far the nicest thing anyone's ever done out of the blue for me," I gushed, still standing staring out of the window.

Harry was standing behind me also admiring the view, and he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. It really was like something out of a movie.

"That's alright, baby. You deserve it. This break will be good for us."

I felt overwhelmed, like I could burst out into tears just because I was feeling so many emotions at once. I found myself smiling off into nowhere, the warmth of his body heat in that big jumper engulfing me as he squeezed my middle.

By the time we'd both had a shower and freshened up from the flight, it was nearing five PM. Harry had spent half an hour checking out the American channels on our TV whilst I got myself ready. We had decided we were going to go and see Times Square and get some dinner.