Not good enough-Deimos angst part 2

Deimos's head ached. What....happened? He couldn't remember anything. He felt so tired.... where was he? Deimos opened his eyes and looked around. He instantly recognised the sight of Doc's office. He'd hurt himself somehow, but he couldn't remember how. The door opened and Doc walked in holding a clipboard. "Doc...what happened?" Deimos said weakly. "I'm not too sure, when Sanford found you you were lying in a small pool of blood and there was blood on the cabinet beneath the bathroom sink".

Sanford

Deimos immediately remembered what had happened. The argument with Sanford after the failed mission, and Sanford telling him that he wasn't good enough. Deimos throat tightened and he felt shaky all over again. Swallowing back his sobs, Deimos looked at Doc "where is Sanford?" He asked. "He's waiting outside, he wants to see you" Doc responded. Deimos nodded "let him in, please". Doc walked over to the door and opened it. Sanford was standing there, looking guilty. "I'll leave you two to it" Doc said, pushing past Sanford and leaving. At first there was silence, and then Sanford ran forward and threw his arms around Deimos. "Oh Dei, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-" "no, no. It's my fault, I should of tried harder!" Deimos sobbed. Sanford looked shocked "Deimos, I didn't mean-" "you were right Sanford, I'm not good enough, and I never will be, I don't even know why you care" Deimos said, turning away, the tears spilling down his face. "Deimos" Sanford grabbed Deimos by the shoulders and forced him to look Sanford in the face. "I didn't mean what I said, I was just angry that we fucked up on that mission and didn't want to take the blame, that's why I got mad, okay? You are good enough Deimos". Deimos sniffled "do you.....really mean that?" He said. "Yes, I do, now come here" Sanford hugged Deimos tightly. "Thanks Sanford, you're a good friend" Deimos said quietly through his tears. "It's okay Dei, I've always got your back".