Promise?-San + Dei

"Sanford?"

The muscular man stared down at the hacker. "What's up?" He said.

"Why does the sky in this photo look different to the sky outside?"
Deimos held a photo in front of Sanford's face. It was old, because it contained Sanford and his friends, standing together pre-madness.
"Well, believe it or not, Nevada used to be a likeable place" Sanford said.
"You mean this place wasn't always a shithole?" Deimos said in wonder.
Sanford chuckled "yeah, it used to be quiet nice, and then.....this shit happened".
Deimos looked out at the sky and then back at the picture.
"What's that?" Deimos said, pointing at the photo again.
Sanford leaned over his shoulder to see that Deimos was pointing at the sun.
"That's the sun Deimos. It gives off light and warmth, but one day it just.....vanished" Sanford explained.
"Vanished? Where? How? Why?" Deimos asked.
Sanford sighed "I don't know Deimos, but one day it just.......disappeared, and it was never seen again".

The duo sat in silence for a bit, Deimos wondering how the hell the sun disappeared, Sanford reminiscing on the past.
He'd be lying if he said he didn't miss it. He missed not being able to go somewhere without worrying about being jumped by the agency, he missed his old friends. He could still hear their voices......
"Sanford?" Deimos's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Yeah?" He said.
"If we actually do manage to end all this shit, do you promise to take me to see the sun?"
Oh my god, Deimos thinks that there's some special place you have to go to in order to see the sun. Sanford decided to let him keep that fantasy.
"I promise" Sanford said.
"Pinky promise?" Deimos held out his pinky finger.
Sanford grabbed it back. "Pinky promise"

Author's Note:I was originally gonna end this with angst so y'all are lucky.