39

Evening came and everyone's fast asleep right now. They sleep early as they were planning to leave in 4 am sharp before their clan comes and kills them one by one.

Phoebe pokes and shakes Ruby to make sure the drug she gave her worked. Once she knew that she wouldn't wake up, she walked away from the bed they were sharing to contact her boss.

"What?" A groggy voice silently resonates the area.

"I'm on their hideout, " she said.

"Fucking hell, you called me just to say that? Do you wanna die? " she felt the irritation in the man's voice.

"Aren't you happy that I fooled them? Anyways I have a plan, "

"Oh, you talk as if you're the boss now? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"No— just listen. This is the great opportunity for us to get them. So listen carefully to what I'm going to say because this is the only chance I have to call you, "

She heard her boss taking a deep breath to calm himself, "say it." He firmly ordered.

"We're gonna leave at 4 am to go to Springfield. There's an old fashioned white mansion in the woods where we will move in," she says.

In the middle of their conversation, Phoebe was oblivious about the male standing outside the room, eavesdropping.

"Is that so?" Her boss says and Phoebe confirms with a 'yes'.

"Well, good job, dog. Now let me fucking sleep, " he says making the smile on the girl's face fade.

Did he just fucking called me a dog?!

"Wait wait wait! " She stops him before he ends the call.

"What now?! Do you need a fucking medal?"

"No, about my freedom. Am I free now? What about my parents? You didn't killed them right?" She asks hopefully.

She hears a frequent profanities on the other side before answering her question, "I didn't and you'll have your freedom when your plan works, " he says.

The girl was about to ask more questions but the line cuts off, meaning her boss ended the call.

She sighs in relief and went back to the bed.

+x+

Kai stares at the white ceiling, unable to sleep. He sighs and looks at his bedside table to see the digital clock strikes at 11 pm.

He turns away from the clock and pulls his duvet up to his shoulders. He's already worn out from planning out their escape but his mind was like fuck no, you won't sleep yet because I said so.

So here he is, reminiscing the past. Starting from the night where Ruby's mother gave his mission.

Kai's arms were starting to numb and hurt as he continued to push Ruby's back in the swing.

The little boy wants to complain but kept his mouth shut because it is against the rules. No complaints.

"Kai?" He hears the girl calling him which he replies with a hum.

"I want ice cream... " Little Ruby says in hesitation. Even though Kai is just her body guard. She find herself getting shy around the boy.

Maybe it's because he is handsome. Maybe because he's quiet and cold. Or maybe both.

"Okay, stay here," Kai stops and wiggles his arms to take the numbness away.