10

I woke up from my slumber and sits up. I looked down to see the kitten sleeping peacefully in the basket. I stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Today is Saturday and I have to work at the cafe at 10 o'clock and to the convenience store at 3 pm,2 blocks away from home. And I'll be home by 7 pm.

After taking a bath I wore some ripped jeans and white t-shirt. I  grabbed my black cap and backpack on top of my drawer and walked out of the room. I was about to close the door when I saw the kitten running up to me.

"Meoww~," it says before going out of the room too. Not knowing, I smiled at the cute cat walking ahead of me to the small kitchen.

I grabbed the milk inside the fridge and a bowl, spoon, and cereal inside the cabinet. I looked down at the kitten sitting beside my feet. Looking up at me with its beautiful big blue eyes. I grabbed another bowl and put some tuna for the kitten.

We ate in peace until it's time for me to go to work. I snatched my key and opened the door. But before I go outside, I look at the kitten and bid a goodbye.

I strolled my way to the cafe 8 blocks away from home and arrived just in time. I wore my apron and removed my black cap. I tied my hair into a bun before putting up a hair net so my hair won't fall on the food. After changing into my uniform I got on to the counter and plastered a fake smile.

Suddenly, I remembered the payment last night. Maybe, I will ask my manager for the money to pay the rent later. I hope she agrees or else I'll be homeless.

The day went so fast and the cafe got loaded, full of customers. Many of them are rude that it makes me want to shove the bread right inside their mouth and stitch their lips and throw them outside the cafe. How tiresome, but what can I do? I need to work my ass off to feed myself... And the kitten. For now.

The customers went out one by one as soon as they finished eating their food. I'm cleaning up the tables, taking the goddamn Buble gum off under the table. Those fucking teenagers earlier. I told them not to put a gum under the table. They're so hard-headed.

As I was cleaning, a new customer went inside and walked to the counter. I quickly cleaned the last dirty table and went up to the counter after washing my hand. I grabbed the small note pad and looked at the male customer.

My eyes widened in surprise when I recognize the blue-haired male. I immediately pulled down my black cap so he wouldn't recognize me. I bet he's gonna tell Kai after this and that jerk would go here to annoy the hell out of me again. It will cause a mess if that happens. And worse, I'll be fired.

"What's your order, sir?" I asked the blue-haired male.

"Uhh... I want some mint chocolate ice cream and strawberry waffles" he ordered. I wrote his orders on the pad and looked up at him again. Expecting to receive another order.

"Oh and for the drinks I'll take caramel macchiato and iced americano please," he added. I nodded my head and instructed him to sit on the table and wait for his orders. I let out a breath in relief when he didn't recognize me. Somehow, I'm slightly confused at his orders. Why would he order so much food— nevermind. It's not my business.

But seriously, I'm surprised when someone finally ordered mint chocolate ice cream. It feels like you're brushing your teeth while eating chocolate.

I shook my thoughts out and started preparing his order.

As I prepare his orders the bell on the glass door chimes, signifying that a new customer went in. I was about to walk back to the counter when I heard the blue male called someone, slightly raising his voice.

"Raven, over here!" I froze on my spot. Fuck. From all the cafes, why here? Ugh, my days are full of surprises.

I grabbed the tray and nervously walk up to them. I lowered my head so Raven won't recognize me too. As soon as I put their orders on the table I felt Raven staring at me. I tightly closed my eyes and open it, hoping he would dismiss me being suspicious. After I finished putting their orders down, I turned around and was about to walk away when a hand gripped my wrist. I stopped and slowly turned to look back. I already know that it's Raven holding my wrist.

"Kenji?" He asked, surprised. Fuck, fuck, fuck,  fuck, what do I do? What do I do?!

"What? Kenji? What a cool name" I heard the blue-haired male said. I slowly look up at Raven. Confusion is written all over his face. I scowled at him and carefully pulled my wrist away from his hand. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"What? Is there something wrong in your food, sir?" I asked looking at him, sternly. His face frowned but immediately smoothed. I grabbed the notepad and write something in it. After that, I showed it to him. Only him.

'pretend that you mistakenly called me  and do not tell anybody that I'm working here or else I'll shove that bread inside your mouth straight to your throat'

He blinks and fixed his coat. "Umm... I thought you're my friend so I called you and uh...no there's nothing wrong with my waffles, sorry" he said. I smiled, nodding, and walk away immediately. Once I got back to the counter I look back at the two. They talked shortly and saw Raven shook his head before eating.