22

The next day, I got discharged from the hospital and Zack dropped me off at my new apartment. I sat on the couch after I tidied my things in my room. Now that I got excused from school I have nothing else to do but to stare out of nowhere.

I sighed and laid down on the couch. I missed school... My housemate is not here. I wonder who he is... How about I take a peek in his room? Nah, don't.

My stomach made a rumbling noise when I stood up from the couch. Cooking it is. I walked to the kitchen and into the fridge to see if there's something to eat.

I grimaced at the sight. There are only grape juices and one tub of ice cream. I went to the cabinets only to see a bunch of cup ramens. Unhealthy.

I should probably go to the grocery store to buy something for dinner later. My stomach growls again so I took one ramen from the cabinet.

I entered the store and immediately walked through the aisles. I frowned as I think of what to cook for dinner. Should I cook pasta? No. Not in the mood to eat tomato sauce. Oh, how about lachimolala? I mean carbonara. What is lachimolala, I don't know that. Lol. Oh, how about I cook what Zack cooked for us? Nah I don't know the ingredients and he's on the school either. Alright, let's go for Carbonara. (;-_-)ノ

But before that, I took some chocolate and gummies on my way to get what I need for carbonara.

I walked down the street and stopped in a crosswalk. I waited for the stoplight to turn red before I cross. Once it turned red, I immediately walk my way in front of the cars. I'm getting near the sidewalk so I walked faster but suddenly a black car sped up to me, nearly hitting me. I was about to run before the car hit me but someone abruptly yanked me away. I smelled a familiar scent when my face crashed into someone's broad chest.

I slowly looked up to meet familiar blank eyes staring deep into me. I jolted in shock when the cars in front of us honked loudly. Kai immediately held my wrist and tugged me away from the crosswalk.

My mind is still blank as we walked through the sidewalks. I still can't get over the incident.

What if it's the man who called you yesterday?

My mind said. I stopped walking and my heart starts to beat fast at the thought of that. I'm not safe anymore-

"OUCH!, THE FUCK?! " I groaned in pain as I touched my aching forehead.

"Why did you flicked my forehead?! " I exclaimed, rubbing my forehead.

"You're on your world, you need to wake up to reality," He said, tugging my free hand before continuing to walk. I looked at our hands and remembered the kiss. I blushed and took my hand away from his. He looked at me and frowned but I kept looking straight, trying not to blush more.

I fake coughed "School isn't over so why are you here? " I asked. Still not looking at him.

"You're not there. " He said, halting his steps. I stopped walking and looked up at him. I frowned.

"What are you say-"

"I can't live a day without bullying you" He cut me off by saying those words before ruffling my hair. My mouth fell open as I stared blankly at him. He grinned, snatching my groceries, and running away.

"HEY STOPPED AND GIVE THAT FUCKING BACK!! " I yelled and run after him. The people around us stared at me but I didn't give a fuck. I run as fast as I could but with his long legs, he runs faster than me.

Seconds passed I got tired so I stopped running. I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. The doctor told me to rest but how could I when this freaking handsome idiot is making me restless?

Did you call him handsome?

Yes-what, NO! He's not... A little. Ugh nevermind!-

A hand with grape juice suddenly appeared in front of my face. I looked up at Kai to see him with a blank face again.

"You're the worst runner and so short" He teased. His lips curling up in a smile again. I rolled my eyes and pushed his offer away.

"I hate grape juice," I said. Standing up straight and snatching my groceries before walking ahead of him. I'm almost near my apartment and I  felt still trailing behind me. I stopped walking and turned around to face him.

"Stop following me. " I said. He raises his eyebrow at me.

"I'm not following you, this is my way home. " He said. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk.

I finally reached the house and walked to the doorstep. I sighed in annoyance when I still felt Kai tailing behind me.

"Yeah right you're not following me—“

" What are you saying? I'm not following you and this is my home. What are you doing in my in front of my DOORSTEP? " He argued. Crossing his arms across his chest.

" I just moved here so obviously it's me— " I stopped talking and frowned. Wait. I looked at Kai and down to his grape juice. My eyebrows knitted. That juice is similar to the juice inside the fridge. We looked at each other.

"So you're the girl that my uncle told me? " He questions, raising his eyebrows as he waits for my answer.

"Y-yeah—wait, he's your uncle? " I answered. I can't believe this. Damn. Why? Does fate hate me that bad?

I saw the side of his lips curling up into a smirk. What is he thinking?

" Yes, he is. Welcome to hell home, Ruby Kenji" He welcomed and went inside the house, leaving me dumbfounded on the doorstep. Oh no. I followed after him inside and went to the kitchen to put the groceries down.