23

"Meow~" The kitten greeted me as soon as I walked inside the house. I went all the way to the kitchen without seeing Kai. I guess he's in his room. I took the ingredients out from the plastic bag, readying to cook for dinner.

I stared at the food, thinking if I should invite Zack over or not. I can't eat all the Carbonara myself, it's too much of it. I looked at the kitten as it eats its tuna. I crouched down and petted its head.

"Should I invite Zack over, Ningning? " I asked the kitten.

"Who said that you can invite someone to the house? " Kai said as he walked inside the kitchen.

"Myself" I answered, rolling my eyes at him before standing.

"I have a few rules in this house," He said as he walks towards me. I raise my eyebrows at him, wondering why is he setting up rules for the house.

"Why—"

"Rule number one, don't talk back at me—"

I opened my mouth to argue but immediately closed it when he gave me a look. I huffed in annoyance and bite my lip.

"Number two, I'll eat what you eat too so basically, I'll eat this carbonara too. "He demands as he looked at the food sitting in the center of the table.

Oh hell Nah—

"Don't even think about talking back or you'll break the first rule. " He sternly said. Looking at me dead in the eyes. I groaned, feeling defeated. Who does he think he is? My boss?

"Rule number three, clean the house and make sure there's no poop on the floor," He says, staring down at Ningning sitting between my feet. Do I look like a maid to him?!

"Train him to go to the bathroom to pee or something or buy a cat litter for him."

"Rule number four, do not touch my things and no one other than us is allowed to the house" He walked to the cabinets to pick up some plates and forks.

"And last but not least, don't tell anybody that we live on the same roof. Obey my orders. " I stared at him. My mouth hanging open. No words spilling from my mouth.

"Y-you think I'm going to do that? I'm not your maid or something so I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want in this house. " I grumbled, folding my arms over my chest as I watched him placed the plates on the small table.

He froze for a second and slowly raise his head to look at me. Then he starts to slowly walk towards me. I take a couple of steps back and he did the same steps closer to me. I looked up at him with my eyes wide open. Soon, my lower back hits the counter. My heart starts to beat faster when he put his arms on my sides. Trapping me with his arms as he leans down closer to my face. He has a stoic expression on his face. It's like he wasn't affected by this shit. I mean situation.

He lowered his lips on my ear. "Do you know what's the punishment if you don't obey my rules? " He asks and felt him smirking. I brushed off the weird feeling inside my chest and stood straight like his lips touching my earlobe when he spoke is not affecting me.

" W-what is it? " I tried to sound brave but the sudden nervousness brushed throughout me, making me stutter the words out. He chuckles at my response and leaned over backward.

"The punishment is... " He seriously looked at me in the eyes and leaned forward to my face again. Feeling our breaths brushing against each other's skin.

"A kiss. " He says. Eyes slowly trailing down to my lips and stares into it. My eyes widened once again when he leaned further. I immediately closed my eyes waiting for his lips to connect with mine. Seconds had passed but nothing touched my lips. My cheeks heat up from realization and embarrassment. I immediately opened my eyes and glared at his cocky face.

"You fucking bast—" He abruptly leaned and kissed the tip of my nose. Cutting me off from speaking. I gasped and cups my nose as I look at him in shock.

" Let's eat now or the food will get cold," He says pulling away, leaving me dumbfounded. I placed my hand to my chest once he turned his back to me. I immediately calmed myself down before he could turn around again. I brushed out the thoughts that clouding up my mind and went after him. We ate in awkward silence. Only the clattering sound of our forks hitting the plates is all we could hear. Suddenly, he stood up taking his plate to the sink. I secretly sighed in relief. The tension between us is finally over.

"You wash the dishes, I'm going to sleep now" He suddenly said. Making me jumped in scare. I just hissed at him and rolled my eyes.

Can I hit him with this spoon? I'm so done with him. Grr!.