16

Not far away from Zack's house, we are walking around the neighborhood and all of a sudden, Raven stopped in front of the house. Confused, we halt our steps and walked back towards Raven. We examined the house that has a sign beside the doorstep. The house looks so simple and nice.

"You kids looking for a new house?" A voice said from behind, causing us to jump in surprise. We turned our heads to look on behind and saw a middle-aged man standing not far away from us.

"No sir, we're looking for an apartment. " Zack spoke, eying the man.

"Are you perhaps, the owner of this house?" I asked the middle-aged man. He looked at me and smiled. Not in a creepy or perverted way.

"Yes, I am, kid... —actually, I just turned this house into an apartment a few days ago. It only has three rooms, and one of them is taken already. Also, payment is inexpensive. " My ears perked up from what he said. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"How much, Mr?" I asked. Too eager to know how affordable this house could be so that I can move as soon as possible and that we can rest now from our long journey. I still have a job to do y'know.

We looked at the man as my eyebrows raised while waiting for his answer. The man faked coughs. He smiled at us and answers.

We gasped in surprise as soon as he said the bill. My eyeballs almost fell on the ground. Fu ck, that is so... unbelievable.

"I'll take it. " I said. A middle-aged man looked at me. He looks like he has something to tell me.

"You sure? But the shower is cold there is that okay with you?" He said, hesitantly. Ugh, cold shower again.  But okay, it doesn't matter. The middle-aged man is a  nice plus, the rent is affordable.

"Yes Mr, that's okay " I kindly assured. The man nodded and we talked about moving here after my shift at work ends.

"That was close." I heard someone speak beside me. I looked to my left and saw Axel walking ahead with me.

"Did you said something?" I ask. He shook his head as an answer.

After that, we walked home with Raven and Axel. They'll spend their time in Zack's house.

I walked inside the store and went to the staff room to change into my uniform. After that, I immediately went to the counter and stood there, watching the customer walk towards me.

The afternoon went boring. I just sat here on the counter, gawking as I wait for the new customer. I feel like rapunzel waiting to be saved by Flynn Rider (?, I dunno the spelling of his name). I hate this kind of moment.

All of the sudden, the bell chimed. I was about to greet the customer and thank him/her for saving me from boredom. But then I saw a familiar group of people walked in. My eyebrows knitted as I squint my eyes at them but then rolled my eyeballs in annoyance when I recognized them. They're the gang who attempted to beat me to death that day. I silently groaned in frustration. They might recognize me here and spread the fucking news to the school. In all of the stores, why here? I guess Bad luck is stuck with me.

While they were looking around the stalls, I sprinted to the staff room to grab Zack's cap. I immediately wore them and quickly strode back to the counter, just in time. I lowered the cap more so they wouldn't see my face. They walked up to me and harshly placed the junk foods and canned beers on the counter. This motherfuckers have attitudes. I calmed myself and started to scan the items.

I hope they get poisoned in one of these junk foods. Jk

I placed the items inside the plastic bags and handed it to them. A hand reached for it but suddenly it went past my fingers and grabbed my wrist tightly instead. Fuck.

" Her wrist seemed so familiar to me" a girly voiced said. My heart beats faster from what she said. She was about to grab my cap– I mean Zack's when a voice spoke behind their back.

"Why are you motherfuckers taking so long?" The familiar voice said. We turned our heads to the said voice and found Kai standing at the back with a few snacks and ramen held securely in his arms. Our eyes met and his eyebrows furrowed. Great, now he knows I'm working here.

"Why are you guys still standing there? Get your shits and leave the fuck out. " He harshly said and the girl swiftly takes the bags and sprints outside the store. I sighed in relief and adjusts the cap.

Kai placed his snacks and ramen in front of me. I instantly scan the items,  wanting him to leave as soon as possible. I can feel his intense stare on me. It's so uncomfortable. I looked up at him as I give the plastic bag and glances back as he took them from me. I quickly averted my eyes from him.

I was about to relax and blow out my breath that I'm holding for a long time when I saw him walked towards the entrance. But, he suddenly stopped and walk into one of the tables.  Did he fucking forgot something?

I massage my temples in irritation as I watched him pull his ramen out from the plastic. Why can't he just eat that in his house? He also sat at the table in front of the counter. Literally in front of ME.

I rolled my eyes, decided to just ignore him. I looked outside the store and saw something— no, Someone standing in the parking lot outside. My heart beats rapidly when I recognized the person.

It's the man who I saw from the school hallway. His face is covered by his hood. The side of his lip lift, forming a smirk. It made my skin turn pale and numb. My hands started to shake from fear.  I don't know why but for the first time, this man made me frightened. My thoughts begin to speak inside my head. As well as the voices.

Is this really the first time?....  Ruby? 

the first time?..

What do you mean?