12

I went back to the convenience store, extremely wet from the rain. I looked at the new guy that my manager had told me. He's busy scanning the customer's orders. I took the kitten out of my now dampened jacket.

I sighed in relief, the kitten didn't get wet from the rain while running. The cap that I wore had blown out from the strong wind outside and my hair got wet and messy. I stood up heading towards the food ailes, leaving my suitcase on the table. I grabbed some almond milk for me and tuna for the kitten before walking to the counter.

I placed my order on the counter and the new fellow immediately scans it. I took a peek at his face and for the millionth time, my eyes widened again. Seriously, why do we end up seeing each other?

The brown-haired guy sensed my stare so he lifted his chin. He jumps in surprise as his eyes widened too. Almost dropping the canned tuna. His eyebrows knitted in confusion as he stared at my state.

"Ruby?..." He called. Dumbfounded at my state.

"What? Never saw a girl got wet from the rain?" I rolled my eyes and placed the money on the counter before grabbing my food. As I went back to my seat I carefully placed the kitten on the table and opened the canned tuna. I pushed the tuna towards the kitten so it could finally eat. I popped the milk with a straw and sipped on it. Suddenly, a warm cloth wrapped around my shoulders. I jolted and turned to see the brown-haired guy standing next to me.

"Keep it, you'll get sick," he said in low voice. I was about to protest but he already returned to the counter, getting busy again with the other customers.

I just sighed and continued to sip on my milk. I shivered from the wind blowing up to me. I turned to my side to see the air-conditioner. The bell chimes and another customer went in. I heard it yawned as it walked past behind me. I glanced at the kitten to see it's already done eating and the can is perfectly clean. It made me smile at the kitten and scratch the back of its ears.

"Oh Axel, is that you?" I heard a surprised voice said behind me. I turned around to see the new customer at the counter and another tall male chatting. The tall male turned his head to the side and I immediately knew who it was. It's Zackary again. I look at the brown-haired male. That guitar boy.

"Buying milk again?" Axel said. He cutely chuckled. Zackary smiled as he nodded and paid for the two boxes of almond milk. I think he's obsessed with the milk. How cute. No, shut up.

"Why are you working here when you're already rich?" Zack asked making Axel froze on his feet. But he smiled as he looked at Zack.

"I'm grounded for 4 months because I did something that made my parents angry and also my parents took my credit card so, here I am, working my ass off to buy another video game," he answered as he brought up his hand to his mouth, trying to keep his laugh. Zack got curious about what he did so he asked Axel again.

"What did you do?" He asked, eyebrows knitted.

"I skinny-dipped in that bald man's pool last night and guess what, I put a scary pic on the side of his door and he got terrified and ran out of his house. He got angry when he found out it was me who did it," he said and he laughs. Zackary just stared at him, unamused.

I shook my head and turned around to face the kitten. My eyes widened when the it is not on a blanket anymore. Nor on the table. I immediately stood up and search for the kitten, I'm nervously af. I went ailes to ailes but still can't see the kitten. That troublesome, I'm already tired but here I am, searching for that little animal. I sighed as I scan my eyes around the store for one more time.

"Zack, where did you get that kitten?" I heard the voice said. My head immediately turned to the counter where the two boys are standing at. My eyes went to Zack's hands. He's holding the kitten. I walk faster towards the male and carefully snatched the kitten from his hands. The two boys looked at me in shock as I glared at Zackary.

"Ruby, why are you..." I cut him off before he finishes his question.

"It's none of your business," I said as I went back to the table. I wrapped the kitten with a blanket and holds it. I looked outside the store to see it's not raining anymore. I slung my backpack on my shoulders and grabbed my suitcase. I walk out of the door by my back so the kitten wouldn't be squeezed between me and the glass door.

As the glass door closes, I walk away from the store with the kitten snuggling up on the blanket in my arms.