9

The school just ended and I'm on my way back home with groceries that I just bought in the market. Thank goodness I don't have a shift today because if I have one I won't be able to buy groceries. I snatched the key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door.

I entered my bedroom after placing the groceries on the table. I'll change my clothes first before I organize the groceries and cook for dinner.

I felt dirty as I feel my uniform sticking on my skin from the sweat. I also reek a smell so I decided to take a bath.

After bathing for 30 minutes, I sauntered to the kitchen and began to arrange the groceries. I prepared the ingredients for the food.

I'm done cooking and was about to eat when I heard someone knocking on the door. I sighed and stood up to open the door. Who the fuck will disturb me in the middle of my- oh...

"Ch-chang Ay-i.." I suddenly stuttered. It's my landlady...

"You haven't paid for the rent for almost two months and now where's the money? I swear I'll kick you out of here- right here right now. " She angrily said. Fuck I don't have money right now.

"C-chang Ayi I promise I'll pay you on Saturday --" I got cut off by her spitting on my face.

"If you don't pay on Saturday I'll immediately kick your ass out.!" She shouts at my face and left. That fucki- okay Ruby calm down. She's just a big round shit- I mean stressed old lady.

I closed my eyes and massage my temples. I returned to the kitchen and continued to eat my dinner but then I stopped for a moment and stared at my food. I couldn't stop stressing about payment and such, I lost my appetite again.
I just drink my milk and stood up from my seat. I took my plate and washed it.

I sat in the living room right after and turned on the TV.

"A serial killer, as well as a rapist named Brandon Shin, escaped from prison last night. There's a new victim murdered outside of the delinquent's School." The reporter said, giving the mic to the police after.

"To all the students, please don't go late outside or stay for too long at night for your safety. Also for the other people too, go straight at home after work especially for the ladies---"

I turned off the TV and tossed the remote from the other side of the couch. I look up at the ceiling, gawking.

*Phone rings*

My body jerks at the sudden ring, slowly turning to look at my phone resting beside me. An unknown caller is calling. For an anonymous reason, my heart starts to beat rapidly. I slowly grabbed my phone beside me, staring at the phone screen, speculating if I should respond to it or not.

My hands started to tremble. Who the hell is calling me? Probably it's a prank call. Yeah, Stupid kids doing prank calls. Ugh...

I dismissed the call and stood up from the couch. I took off to the bedroom and laid on the mattress.

Before I sleep, I turned off my phone so that no one can call me.

Pfft! As if anyone would call me besides that unknown caller. Why do I still have a phone when no one's gonna call me?

Music...

Oh.. right. I still need the phone to listen to music.

I shook my thoughts out and shut my eyes to sleep.

I woke up from the noise on the window. I sat up and lightly rubbing my left eeye. I blink a few times before glancing to the window.

There I saw a black kitten laying outside the window, sleeping. I went off the mattress and strode to the window to shoo away the kitten. Cats are annoying.

Seems like the cat is oblivious about my presence so I opened the window and the kitten got startled.

*Meowww~*

The animal stared into my eyes with its eyes glowing brightly from the moonlight. A sudden harsh wind blows making my body shiver. Same for the kitten.

*meoww~*

"Hey, where's your mom? Go find her and sleep somewhere else." I said as I tried to shoo the kitten away again. But the kitten wouldn't budge. It just stared at me while meowing. The cold wind blows again but this time it blows strongly. I looked up at the sky and notice the clouds starting to form. I think it will rain later. I shuddered and look back at the kitten again.

"Hey, please go away I still need to sleep," I said, irritated. But the kitten just stared at me as it trembles from the cold. Somehow, the kitten reminds me of me. Alone and cold. Pitiful.

Tss why did I compare myself to the kitte

I don't know what came up to my mind to take the kitten inside my bedroom. I closed the window with one hand and before I turn around something caught my eyes.

Not far away from my window, a black cat was laying on the ground. I squinted my eyes to look clearly. I frowned when I saw the cat wasn't moving. I can't even see its chest moving up and down.

I took my flashlight inside my drawer. I opened the window again and point out the flashlight to the black cat's figure. My eyes widened when I saw an object sticking out on the cat's chest with its blood flowing down on the ground.

*Meoww~*

I look at the kitten that I'm holding up with one hand. The kitten is not looking at me anymore. It was looking outside where the cat was laying lifeless. It must be the kitten's mother. I look at the kitten with pity.

I turned off the flashlight and put it back in the drawer. I took a couple of blankets and a basket. I settled the blankets inside the basket and placed the kitten in it. After that, I washed my hands and went back to bed. The time right now is 3:40 am. I hope I won't wake up late. I closed my tired eyes and after a couple of minutes, I felt myself starting to dozing off.