40

Ruby has been adopted in the age 9. Her foster parents were a good people, luckily according to Zack who's been spying the girl.

Kai planned to kidnap Beomgyu, Yeonjun and Taehyun to help him for the mission that will probably take many years to be done. Beomgyu was hesitant for a second if he could help to accomplish the mission, but what made him accept Kai's offer is because he thought he couldn't just live a best life while the others are suffering.

After all, they've been with him since they grew up in the orphanage.

( The day after Ruby cut her friends off her life. )

Ruby's phone rings inside her bag as soon as she walked inside her house.

She quickly digs in her bag to find her phone and quickly answers the call once she found it.

"Hello,mom?"

"Ruru, we're going home today!" Her mom beams on the other line.

"Really?!" Ruby shouted and jumps up and down in the living room.

"But I have a job interview to go todayy and I wouldn't be able to see you until 7~" she groans.

Her mother let out a chuckle, "don't worry, we will be waiting for your return instead so good luck in your job interview, ruru~" and the phone call ended before Ruby could say goodbye.

Ruby shrugged off the odd feelings from it and went up to her room to wash herself.

She suddenly heard a thud that seemed like it came from their first floor. She frowned and went outside her bathroom.

'Are they here now?' Ruby thought.

She smiled in excitement and sprinted outside her room. But as soon as she got down, her excitement vanished when she saw none of her parents could be spot around their living room.

'They could be probably in the kitchen?' She immediately walks to their kitchen which is also empty.

"Then where did the sound came from if they're not here?" She mumbles.

Ruby checked the whole first floor to find something that could be cause of the thud sound and there is nothing.

"I think I was just hallucinating, I'm tired too so I guess that was it, " she said to herself and slumps down in sofa.

She felt her limbs melted as soon as her body sets down in a comfortable position. It makes her think if she should just rest and discard her job interview but the opportunity will be wasted so she didn't changed her mind and forced herself to get up from the sofa.

'Gosh, school's draining me... ' she thought and walks upstairs to get her back pack in her room.

She hurries up to get outside their house and straight up went to the bus waiting shed. She thought that if she came a little early in her job interview, she will be able to meet her parents a little late.

It's been months since she saw them but it felt like a year so you can't blame her for thinking like this.

She just couldn't wait to spend and cherish every moment she will have as soon as she gets back home.

+x+

Ruby happily skips towards her house even more excited knowing that she will finally see her parents.

But her happy skids halts down when she saw their windows were smashed and the door is opened widely.

Her first instinct is to sprint inside their house. As soon as she got inside, her deceased parents were the first thing she saw. Lying on the ground, pooling in blood.

"MOM! DAD!" Ruby screamed and went to their dead bodies.

She tried to hold them both together and cradle them in her arms. Tears spilled out of her eyes as she screams hysterically for help.

No one came, seeming like none hears her cries.

"HELP ME!" she screams, griping her parents' dead bodies.

With her shaking hands, she searched for her phone and was about to call an ambulance when a bat suddenly hit her hand.

Ruby yelped in pain and looked beside her to see a man wearing a sinister smile. She got terrified when she noticed some blood splatters on his face thus making her know that he killed her parents.

"Sweat dreams," the man says and swinged his bath in Ruby's head.

The man laughs maniacally and rests his bloodied bat on his shoulder. The successful smile he wears from doing a dirty job perfectly turned stoic like nothing happened in the household. He looked around and put up his hand to make a signal. One by one, men started to come out of different places, smirks are evident as they feel the satisfaction from the crime they have done.

"Call an ambulance and leave after that, " he ordered and casually walks outside of the household.

+x+

Phoebe bit her lip as she stared outside the window. The vehicle was running too fast in a full speed limit making her eyes hurt from the sight. She is being anxious about what will happen when their clan finally captures them. She looked around to see the others wearing a serious look that made them look intimidating. She's expecting that those expressions would turn into betrayed ones once they found out she secretly shared their plans.

She looked down on her lap and gulps down her saliva. Trying to ignore her conscience by thinking that once her plan accomplishes she and her parents will be free. These people around her is not that special anyway.

But what about Zackary?

Phoebe shot her head up and searched for Zack whose eyes are already looking at her. She didn't realize the burning stare she's getting until she looked up to look for him.

Isn't he special to you?

'Yes?'

You're not sure?

'I don't know... '

The two stared at each other for more than a minute before Phoebe mouthed a 'what' to Zack which the male just answered with a shake of his head before looking away.

They drove for more than 2 hours and finally stopped in front of a big white mansion.