meet the parents (ej version)

"Oh gosh, you're shaking. Nerves or are you just cold?" ej asked me as we walked up to the door.
"A little bit of both," I laughed.
"Y/f/n, you should not be nervous, okay? My dad will love you. I mean, who doesn't? And, about being cold...I think we can fix that." He smiled as he put his jacket around my crossed arms.
"I am so lucky to have you." I smiled as I kissed him on the cheek.
"You're lucky to have me? I'm lucky to have you." ej laughed.
"Love you."
"Love you tooooooo." I smiled as he knocked on the door. I made a scared face at him as he put his hand in mine. I let out a breath, as a lady opened the door. Wait, ej's mom passed away...
"Hi, you must be ej!" she said to us.
Ej tensed, "uhh...hi. Who are you?"
"I'm Christy!"
"You're going to have to elaborate." ej responded a little snobbily. I punched him lightly on the side.
"Christy James!! I'm sure your dad told you about me?"
"...No."
"Your father and I are dating!"
"Oh, my-" ej walked back to his car with his hands clutching his face.
"Nice to meet you," I smiled at Christy and ran back to follow ej. I got into the car.
"Let's head out. You can meet my dad another day," he said, trying to push his feelings inside.
"eej, we're only home a few more days. And I know that-I know that your dad and you were in a good place before you left for college. I realize it must be, like, infuriating. I get it, but what if he's happy? Maybe Christy makes him really happy? Maybe he didn't tell you because, I don't know, he was waiting for the right time?"
"So, the right time is the three days I'm back for Thanksgiving break with my girlfriend? He's such a jerk. He didn't even consider my feelings."
"I know it feels that way, eej. But, you've gotta forgive him. Okay? So, let's go back up there. We can meet Christy-"
"There's no way she loves him. It's probably for his money."
"Ej, maybe she does. We can't assume anything. We just met her. I know it's really hard, since your mom...but I think that if she makes your dad happy...we should let them be happy."
"...I guess. Thanks, y/n." he smiled as he hugged me.
"No problem. Now, let's go meet this Christy James." I said imitating it the way she said it.
He laughed, "Okay."

-

We went back up to the door, where his dad and Christy were both standing.
"Hey, kiddo!" ej's dad said to my boyfriend.
"Hey," ej said to his dad. "Um...it's...nice to meet you, Christy."
She relaxed and then smiled, "Nice to meet you too ej. I've heard so much about you."
"You must be y/n! Eej has told me so much about you." Mr. Caswell smiled.
"Really?" I smirked at ej, "It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Caswell."
"Come in!!" He said.

-

We spent the rest of the night getting to know each other and playing games. I could tell Christy was growing on ej. Mr. Caswell was very nice, and I think I made a good first impression. Well, except for when I spilled cake on me. That's okay, though...

"So?" I asked ej as we walked back to his car.
"Thank you, for making me go back in there." He smiled. "It wasn't half-bad."
"You know I don't want to say it, but..."
"Don't."
"I. Told. You. Sooooooooo."
Ej shook his head as he kissed me on the forehead, "I love you."
"Love you too, Caswell."

a/n: in honor of 100 reads here is y/n meeting ej's dad!!! okay but this makes me feel so sad for ej 🥺, y/n gives the best advice ❤️❤️