lunch tables

y/n pov
Background: ej and I have been dating for a year. He sits with his theatre friends at lunch, I sit with my soccer friends. We switch which table we sit at everyday, so we end up eating together everyday.

"Hey, bubs." I smiled and kissed ej on the forehead as he approached my table. He was a few minutes later than usual.

"Hi baby. Why aren't you at my table? Nini said she misses you."

"What? It's your day to sit here. I sat there on Friday."

"Nah, I definitely sat here on Friday."

"No, because we talked about beauty and the beast on Friday."

"Cutie, we talk about that everyday."

"Yeah, but it was definitely on Friday. I sat at your table."

"No, because you guys were talking about how Hannah likes Darren from my waterpolo team."

"No, that was definitely Thursday."

"Wait, bubs."

"What?"

"You weren't here on Friday."

"Oh yeah. I was sick." I laughed.

"That's why we were confused."

"Well, lunch is almost over. Go get some food in you. I'll sit with you tomorrow."

"Okay, love you darling."

"Love you too." I said, kissing his forehead. He kept glancing back at me and smiling. He's so cute. I think this one of the first times we didn't eat together at school since we've been dating. I blew him a kiss as he 'caught' it and blew one back.

"You guys are adorable." Hannah laughed.

"Well, thank you. I think you should go confess to Darren, Hannah."

"Um-no."

"Um-yes." I laughed.

The next day at lunch

"Hey cutie." I said, going up to ej's table as I gently rubbed his back.

"Hi bubs!! Sit next to meee." He smiled, scooting over a little. I sat down in my usual spot.

"Heyyy." I said to Nini as I squeezed her hand.

"Heyy, girlie. I missed you yesterday." Nini smiled as Ricky put his arm around her.

"Oh, I know, same. I missed y'all. I love the drama crew."

"Yes, especially me." EJ smiled kissing my forehead as he handed me a Cheeto.

"Yes, just because you gave me a Cheeto." I smirked at him as I rubbed his leg under the table.

"I love you guys so much together. I am still waiting for a guy who is up to my standards." Gina groaned.

"Keep waiting, G. He'll come." I smiled at her. Lunch is definitely the best time of day.

a/n: this is kinda bad lol, I lost inspiration