graduation

Background: EJ and Y/N have been dating for 1 year. They are finally seniors and going to college in about 6 weeks. Today, they were graduating from high school.

"Y/N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My best friend Nini ran up to my front door. She was in a light pink dress.

"NINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled. We hugged, and I then said, "Whoa, Nini. We're graduating."

"YESSS!! Let's go!! Oh my gosh, Y/N, you look so hot." She said, staring at my mint green dress.

"So do you, cutie." I laughed, "Dawson is going to be awestruck." I said, mentioning her boyfriend.

She blushed, "EJ is going to faint from the sight of you, though."

I giggled, "You're so sweet. Come in, we'll wait for EJ and Dawson to get here." I said, welcoming her in. We were going to wait for them to get there, and then EJ was going to drive us there. Our parents would come a little later when the ceremony started.

About 30 minutes later, our boyfriends showed up. EJ pulled up to my house in his red Jeep and approached my house in a black tux.

"Hey, Mr. Caswell." I smiled and hugged him.

"You look pretty." He replied.

"So do you, baby. Here, come in and say 'hi' to Nini and my parents."

He smiled. He and my parents get along really well. He grabbed my hand and walked in.

"Hey, EJ!!" My parents said as he went to hug them.

"It's good to see you, EJ." My dad patted his back. "Oh, kiddo. Where are you going to college? I guess you never told us."

He smiled, he loves talking about it, "I'm going to Duke!"

"I can't believe he didn't tell you guys yet, he's obsessed with talking about it." I joked.

"Yeah? That's good EJ!" My mom said, as my dad smiled at me. He approves of EJ for sure.

"What are you majoring in?" My dad asked.

"Medicine," EJ responded.

My parents smiled, even more. They love him. That made me smile. We were all smiling like goofs.

"Nice." My dad said as Dawson showed up.

"Hey, Dawson!!" Nini said, looking up from her phone.

"We should go..." I said to my mom and dad.

They sadly smiled, as my mom sniffed, "You guys are growing up. Can I-I get a few pictures?"

"Sure," I laughed as I stood by EJ and Nini stood by Dawson as my mom snapped a quick picture, "Okay, go. I don't want you guys to be late." She kissed my head, "We'll be there in a little bit."

I nodded my head as EJ took my arm, and led us to the car. "My parents love you so much, you're basically like family." I giggled when we got there.

"Good, because I'm planning to join it soon."

I smacked him, "We are not getting married anytime soon, baby." I laughed.

He started driving, "You'll come around." I laughed as Nini and Dawson started kissing in the back.

"Ugh, you guys, no PDA please." I laughed.

Nini stopped kissing, "Not like you guys don't do the same thing on Couple's Movie Nights."

I giggled, "Stop." We got to school and started getting into our caps and gowns.

"You look so cute," I said to EJ.

"You too, babes." He replied.

We sat down in the front row outside, along with the other seniors as parents and siblings started to get there. EJ was valedictorian, so he was going to give a speech.

"Oh, geez. I'm nervous Y/N." EJ said to me before his speech.

"I know, but you're going to do great. You've been practicing for weeks. You got this, EJ." I kissed him on the forehead.

"Thanks, Y/N." He responded as he went up. I gave him a thumbs-up as he started.

"Class of 2022. We have all known each other for the longest time. We have grown up together. We have shaped each other. Everyone here is really accomplished, and we're going to do great in college." EJ continued for a few minutes and finished with, "I wish everyone the best of luck."

I smiled at EJ, as he came back down the stairs, "That was so freaking good." I said as he sat back down. He grinned.

They finally started giving out Diplomas. "Dawson Brown, going to community college here in Salt Lake" The principal smiled. Dawson is kinda dumb, but he's a sweet dude. I think he's good for Nini.

I'm a little surprised he passed, "WOOOOOO" Dawson yelled as he accepted his diploma, as Nini laughed.

"EJ Caswell, going to Duke for Medicine." The principal said, as EJ kissed my head and went up. He smiled, accepting the Diploma with a 'thank you. He blew a kiss to me as he walked back down from the stage.

"Y/N L/N, going to UCLA for Music Education." I smiled as I went up to the stage and accepted my diploma, and I blew him a kiss from the stage just as he did.

"Nini Salazar-Roberts is going to Kelogg school of business for a degree in business management." This was it. Our childhood is over.

10 years later

"Come on kiddos, time for dinner!!" I yelled out to my sweet kids. They are both 3 years old, McKenzie and Reed. Twins.

They came running down the stairs and asked, "where's daddy?" Almost in sync.

I replied, "he'll be home soon, and guess what?"

"What?"

"Aunt Nini, Uncle Dawson, and Lauren are coming over after dinner!"

"YAYYYY!" They screamed. I laughed as the door opened.

"Welcome home, honey," I said, kissing EJ on the cheek. "How was your day?"

"Good! 5 surgeries, all successful!"

"Good," I smiled.

"How was yours?"

"Mine was nice! The kids are so cute in my class."

He smiled at me as the kids hugged him, "DADDYYY!" They yelled.

I grinned as we sat down to eat dinner. We had a nice, warm bowl of mac n cheese, and right after we finished Nini, Dawson, and their daughter Lauren showed up.

"NINI!!" I shouted with joy as I ran to hug my best friend.

"I missed you!" She said as the kids greeted Lauren and EJ hugged Dawson.

"Guys," Nini said, "Today is the 10-year anniversary of our high school graduation."

We all laughed, as Dawson said, "We're so old."

EJ came over to me and kissed me on the cheek. He whispered in my ear, "And I still love you just as much as in high school."

"You're so cute, I love you too."