Chapter I

Ever felt lonely?

I walked the streets of Bristol, hugging my tiny frame, the rain beating down on me, my hood to my leather coat barely kept me dry. The traffic tore past me splashing through the puddles at the side of the road, soaking me through even more.

People giving my blood splattered coat a glance before wandering on, parents hurried their children along, dogs barked at me and a police cars siren rang out and pulled in front of me. "Girl stop!" The police man yelled.

"No, please no, I haven't done anything" I cried, but they slapped the handcuffs onto my wrists and roughly threw me into the police car, I leant my head against the window, it was cold and the rain bounced off it as the police car raced through the streets, its siren blearing and echoing around the empty street.

The car rocked gently, till finally it reached the police station. I was wrenched out by my wrists and shoved me into an interrogation room. I was shaking and my eyes dribbled tears from their ducts, leaving watery tracks behind, I rested my head on my arms and cried, my mascara and eye liner ran down the watery track polluting them with black, just as my soul was polluted.

A policeman walked in and placed his hat down on the table, to reveal a head of blonde hair and dark eyes, he sat opposite me and rested his hands on the table and intertwined his fingers, he then reached for the key in his pocket but I flinched back thinking he was going to hit me or something.

"No need to be scared, I am unlocking your handcuffs" he told me softly.

So he unlocked them for me, and I rubbed my sore wrists. "Do you know how many years it's taken me to hunt you down?" He asked.

I shook my head timidly. "Do you know what you're called around our Clan?" he quizzed me. "The Ripper" he replied. "You know your way of killing has sparked an interest in all of us, you have inspired other vampires to be like you" he said.

"I am ashamed of how I kill, I am an animal" I explained ashamed and looked down at the table.

"You're not an animal, you're an inspiration, we all look to you to be the new leader" he said.

"I am not ready" I replied.

"But you are, deep down you are" he told me, trying to convince me.

"No" I yelled, my eyes turning black and I threw the chair across the room.

"That's the anger I want to see, let that animal loose!" he exclaimed, as he dragged a man into the interrogation room, the rest of the sounds in the room were drowned out, by the thumping of the mans beating pulse, it fluctuated through out the room, it was the only sound that dominated my ears, my thoughts and fuelled the burning in my throat.

My fangs shot down like a bullet fired from a gun, and I wrenched the man towards me, my fangs were soon bathed in a warm stream of life, it travelled through my body and to my limbs, it made me feel human once again, my killing utensils didn't feel deep enough, but all of a sudden I heard a tear and I realised his throat had disconnected and fell onto the floor with a slap.

His blood exploded all over me, it drenched my clothes and stained my face, the small part of my humanity that was left was telling me to stop, but the animal inside told me to keep going, till his head was separated from his body, I felt my fangs scrape against the bone but I chomped through it, and his head fell with a thud onto the floor.

I looked up to the blonde man who was smiling, but I looked at him with raven black eyes and blood oozed out of my mouth, it dribbled out onto the floor. My eyes cleared and I looked around at the mess.

"You're ready" he told me.

"I am Herrick, you're right hand man" he introduced himself and bowed to me, he took one of my bloodied hands and kissed it, but licked the blood off my knuckles.

As soon as the police station was shut, he cleaned up my mess and we left to an abandoned church, as he told me I was to meet the Clan, I was now the leader of, he didn't give me time to clean up so he paraded me in with blood smothered all over me.

The vampires began to hiss and stare at me, but one vampire looked disgusted as he saw me, he had long black curly hair, he was dressed in a black tank top with green fingerless gloves, he had black jeans on and boots.

I stood on the stage with Herrick and he introduced me "Everyone meet The Ripper Annalisa"

"You mean the legend turned in 1864?" A man asked.

"Seth you are correct" he answered. "She is the new clan leader" Herrick added.

Every other vampire but the one in the tank top didn't cheer, I didn't want to be the leader, I was forced into it. But Herrick showed me to my office and showed the plans for the clan when Seth walked in with a young boy.

"You get first bite" he told me.

"Aw you're a cute one" I said, so I dragged my finger around his neck gently and bit into his neck, I drank a little as I was full. "Share our food with everyone else" I told him.

So the boy and Seth left, I could hear his screams but I ignored it and carried on planning the future for our Clan to move forward in the future. But we were interrupted by the vampire in the tank top.

"Ar Mitchell meet Annalisa, or Anna for short" Herrick introduced us and he shook my hand gently.

"This is wrong!" he yelled at us.

"Herrick, I need to speak with him privately" I ordered and Herrick left.

"Listen Mitchell I was forced to do this, I didn't want to be the leader. I hate feeding, I am just an animal" I told him, repeating what I told Herrick.

"You're a little older than me but I can teach you, to be clean like me" he said to me in his deep Irish voice, taking pity on me.

Please vote and comment