Chapter VIIII

"What makes you think he is coming back here?" He asked as I loaded the bow.

"Because my dear Mitchell he knows where I live" I replied.

"Can you shoot?" He quizzed me.

"Mitchell please" I said and shot the vase on his cabinet.

"Annalisa!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I shrugged.

"I love you" He answered kissing my neck. "Now put this away before someone gets hurt" he said kissing my cheek and then running downstairs.

I found a space in his wardrobe at the top and I laid the arrows at the side, then pulled a blanket over the top so it was hidden.

Then I walked downstairs to join everyone. "Mitchell I am popping out, I'll be back soon" I told him.

Kieran met me outside the house. "As our clan leader, we have the best blood laid aside for you" he told me.

So he led me to the underground cellar under the subway, and I was led to the area where we fed off of mortals, and I had a young boy chained down. "Please, please no" he begged.

"I am sorry but I am so thirsty" I said as my fangs shot down, I dug my fangs into his throat and drank deeply, his warm blood warming my body, his pulse slowing down, his screams beginning to cease.

Mitchell was supposed to help me off blood but its difficult, which is why I didn't allow Mitchell back, my prey got weaker and weaker till he stopped squirming, the sparkle in his eye dulled and his breathing stopped.

I then stopped drinking and I let the body fall to the floor, but his chained wrists pulled him backwards. "Not a word to Mitchell" I growled flashing my eyes black at him.

"As you wish" He replied.

"Now clean this up!" I ordered licking the blood from my fingers.

"Yes mam" he replied. "Where are you going?" He inquired unchaining my drained preys wrists, then dragged the body out of the room dumping it in the corridor.

"I have to return home at some point or Mitchell will grow suspicious" I answered.

"Do you want to meet up again tomorrow night?" He quizzed me.

"Yes of course" I said.

So I headed back to the house, Mitchell had fallen asleep on the couch and everyone had gone to bed. I slunk past him and got ready for bed, so I crawled into bed and a few hours later I hear footsteps pad up the stairs, the duvet was pulled off the bed, then a rather cold body joined mine and their arm snaked around my waist, he kissed my shoulder and then laid down next to me. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere, and I was with someone who cared for me.

I wake up in the morning but there was an empty space next to me, but Mitchell had left a note on the pillow. 'I have gone to work and Owens coming over to fix the tap for us, but stay out of sight with Annie, Love Mitchell' I got up and sat on the side of the bed yawning and scratched my head, I checked my weapons to make sure they were still there and Mitchell hadn't moved them. I walked down stairs and Annie was on the couch but she had an arrow in her hand.

"Please tell me this is not meant for Mitchell" She stated.

"No" I answered snatching the arrow back.

"It's for Ivan, as he's going to kill me for bringing back one of his kills" I replied.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, Annie and I both shot up the stairs and we hid in Mitchell's room, but he unlocked the door and let himself in. 'God did he reek of human' I thought as in this house all you can smell is werewolf.

"Hello" He called making Annie jump and she knocked a picture off Mitchell's wall, we soon heard footsteps and he wandered in to Mitchell's room, she wasn't seen, I hid under the bed, and he soon left but he didn't go downstairs he went into the bathroom, Annie followed him and watched.

'What's he doing?' I asked telepathically.

'Removing something from toilet pipe' She answered, I waited a few moments and I heard Annie sobbing, so got up but Owen was right outside the door, he soon skipped down the stairs and out the front door.

I ran out the room. "What's wrong?" I asked hugging her as she cried hysterically into my shoulder. "Owen... k...killed me" She stammered.

"Oh no" I comforted her the best I could.

"I... I s..saw it" She added.

I took her downstairs and sat her on the couch and I tried to calm her down, but in the end I phoned Mitchell and George but neither picked up so I left them both a voice message.

"Nice to know you're there when your friend needs you now, get home as soon as you can its urgent" I said.

I sat with Annie and a few hours later they came home. "What's wrong?" They both asked.

"Owen killed me" Annie answered.

"I am going to make some tea" George said.

My phone buzzed and it was Seth. 'Come and meet in the park, I need to talk to you, come alone! Seth'

"Sorry Annie I gotta go" I answered.

"Okay that's fine" She sobbed into Mitchell's arms.

I grabbed my long coat, shrugging it on and then running upstairs retrieving the crossbow and arrows, the loading it and then walking outside which had soon grown dark, the night rolled in pretty quick and I made my way to the park stood in the middle of the green field was Seth.

"Glad you could make it" He called. I didn't like this, I knew something bad was going to happen, but I pushed that foreboding thought away.

"What do you want?" I snarled, but my foreboding thought was right, as I heard a gun, probably loaded with wooden bullets clicked behind me as it was loaded.

"Ivan!" I exclaimed.

"So glad you came traitor!" He hissed.

I spun on my heel and pointed my crossbow at him, which was probably stupid because then Seth stabbed me in the back with a wooden stake, I fired the crossbow but it skimmed his face, cutting his cheek, I was then tripped up and I fell to the floor. "Oops!" A female voice exclaimed.

It was his girlfriend Daisy. "I'll take that" She said snatching the crossbow from me, and shot me in the shoulder, side and leg causing me to cry out in pain I soon heard snarling and growling, but I dismissed it as Ivan stabbed a stake a little bit above my heart and twisted the arrow stick in my shoulder, he sat on my torso and took my chin in his hand, I knew what he was going to do and I knew what he wanted, my fangs as a trophy.

But I tried to stab him with a blade on my boot but I couldn't quite reach."Hold her down Daisy" He ordered, so she pinned my arms down.

But just before he did, something big tore Ivan off my torso and they both fought, Daisy had let go of me, but it was too dark to decipher what that beast was.

Please vote and comment