Chapter III

I sat there leaning on my elbow, with just a candle for light, reading through the information I had for Jon Mitchell. Herrick soon came charging in and I said "you try and get Mitchell back with us, we need him"

"I'll try but the last I heard you bit him and knocked him out. By the way nice work" he said before leaving. I sat there and thought 'was it, he was only trying to protect me and to stop me from leaving, but my instinct would be another thing, that Mitchell would have to train out of me.'

I picked up my chalice of blood and took a long gulp, thinking about Mitchell. I waited for Herrick to return, but Seth came back instead. "Where's Herrick with Mitchell?" I asked.

"We have bad news, Herrick had been murdered by a werewolf" he answered.

"What?" I asked spitting blood everywhere as I sat up, from lounging in my chair. So I flitted up and made my way to his house, I knocked on the door and the ghost answered.

"No go away" She said slamming the door in my face, but I caught my boot in the door.

"Is Mitchell in?" I asked.

"He's upstairs in bed resting" she answered.

"I would like to apologise, it was only instinct" I told her.

"Okay" she said.

"You have to say come in, otherwise I can't" I added.

"Sorry I forgot that vampires needed an invitation" she replied. "Come in" she answered.

"Mitchell!" Annie called.

"What?" he answered yelling from upstairs.

"You have a visitor" she replied.

"I am not coming down" he replied.

"Looks like you're going to have to go up" she said. I nodded.

So I walked up the stairs, and I saw him laying in bed shirtless, the rest of his body covered. I just leant on the door frame of his room and looked at the floor, my leather coat creaked as I crossed my arms and my leather boots squeaked as I put one foot over the other.

"I know you want me back, to the clan but I gave up blood, and I refuse" he told me.

"I know as much as I want you to join, I apologise for what I did, it was all instinct" I apologised to him.

"It's okay, I remember the feeling when I was on blood, you felt invincible and every little touch you snapped at, you feel aggressive and your senses are heightened" he reminded himself, then patted the space next to him on the bed.

"Mitchell I don't even know you, besides you have to buy me a drink first" I said striding over gingerly.

"Vampires don't need to, we know each other through stories" he told me, pulling me down on the bed.

"Mitchell!" Someone exclaimed behind us, I turned around and I noticed it was George.

"His fault not mine" I said pointing to Mitchell.

"I am guessing you may have another vampire moving in soon" Mitchell commented, looking into my eyes and tucking my hair behind my ear, I got close to him like I was going to kiss him but I leapt up.

"Meet me at the funeral parlour, and FYI I am not asking you to come back, we just have business we have to attend to" I told him before walking out.

"Seriously, is that how you vampires make up?" Annie asked.

"Yes" Mitchell answered, before I walked out of the door. I walked to a bar, I sat in the corner and ordered my drink, a guy spotted me and he came over with his two friends they both got chatting with me, they dragged me out of the bar by my hand unwillingly.

They tried to take advantage of me, but they thought I couldn't defend myself. My eyes turned black as the night sky, and my teeth became elongated and I sunk them into his neck, the other man thought he was lucky but I had him by his arm and I didn't let go till I drained his friend and then I drained the other.

"Men!" I exclaimed rolling my eyes and wiping my lips using the sleeve of my coat. I got back to the funeral parlour but however there were 3 rather solemn vampires in my office with their backs to me.

"We found Herrick's killer!" Seth exclaimed.

"Where and who?" I asked striding up to Seth.

"In the house your Mitchell shares with the dog. It's important you bring Mitchell over to our side as soon as you can, so he can help us bring that dog down!" Ivan told me.

"I will do anything it takes!" I said. "And yes I will" I answered Seth's thought.

So they left me in the office where I paced up and down waiting for Mitchell, who bang on midnight showed up. "Shall we carry on where we left off?" he asked.

Please vote and comment