Numb Feeling

Billie's POV

It was Friday, and I must admit this school doesn't suck. It was just a regular school with lots of fake people, and really rich people.

I realized that 80% of the school didn't even belong here where "the gifted" belong as the teacher said. But instead they were born and raised with money, lots of it.

Kehlani was one of those people sadly but it looked like she took school seriously, sometimes.

"Hey guys!" I said to Aliyah and Blair. "Oh hey Billie!" Aliyah said. "Did you do the homework for 5th period?" Aliyah said. "Well I did half of it until Kehlani texted me." I said putting a piece of gum in my mouth.

Their jaws dropped. "Kehlani?!" They both said. "Yeah?" I said. "What's the big deal?" I say. "She's like really popular!" Blair said. "Blair when have you ever cared about these things?" Aliyah said. "I dont but it's Kehlani!" Blair blurted out.

"So you didn't do the homework because of Kehlani? Are you in love?!" Aliyah said. "Quite down!" I said. "And no I don't like Kehlani, I don't even know her like that." I said. "How is that not possible?! The hottest girl in the school." She said silently panicking.

"I don't even talk to her that much, she just texted me if I wanted to ditch 5th period today." I said. "Oh my god! She's never been nice to other girls other then her girlfriend." Blair said. "Oh pelase we know how fake their 'perfect relationship' is." Aliyah says.

"What do you mean?" I say. "Kehlani's dating this girl, Amanda. Their known as the perfect couple but Amanda used to be our friend," Blair sighed. "Once she met Kehlani, she changed and wanted Kehlani's validation so bad. They soon started dating and would cry to us every night on how they got into an argument." Blair said. "We told her to just break up with Kehlani because she'd cry to us every night and they were both toxic for eachother, she got mad and ended the friendship since she thought we were jealous of her since she was becoming popular." Blair said.

"Yup, my brother is dating Katherine, Amanda's best friend and my brother told me Katherine barely gets sleep because Amanda's always crying to her on facetime." Aliyah said. "Oh wow." I said. "But they're both just snobby popular girls who think the world revolves around them." Blair said.

The bell then rang.

"Bye Aliyah." Blair and I said as we both headed to our homeroom class. Kehlani and I have all of the same classes. I entered the class and sat on next to Aliyah.

Seconds later Kehlani and her friends loudly entered the room. We both made eye contact once she entered the class.

                     ~ End of  Homeroom ~

I was packing up putting my book back inside my backpack. "Wanna go to Starbucks after school?" Blair said. "Yeah sure." I say. We head out before a arm yanked my shoulder back to the empty classroom.

I looked behind seeing Kehlani's beautiful eyes. "That was not very necessary." I say. "Well i'm sorry but there was not another way to get your attention." Kehlani says. "Huh?" I said confused.

"I tried getting your attention the whole time, but you were to busy staring at Jacob." She says as she rolls her eyes. "What do you mean?" I say still lost.

"You literally were staring at him the whole time." Kehlani said. "Oh," I say giggling. "I might've been zoned out or something, didn't get much sleep last night." I say groaning . . . I then realized the groan sounded like a moan?

I just made a total fool of myself! I looked at Kehlani who was blushing. Fuck. "Uh I have to go to the restroom." She says before she leaves the room. I made a fool of myself in front of the most popular girl at school.

The bell then rang. Great I was gonna be late.

I decided there was no point of even going, i'll just say I got lost around campus and the councilor pulled me in her office. Back then skipping classes for me was normal as long as I did the work my grades were fine. I walked around campus for a while before I got two text.

I read them. 'Hey wya? you ditching class again?' from Blair and the another text from Kehlani. 'ay wanna meet up? i need to finish what i was gonna tell u earlier. meet me at the A building restroom'

I headed to the A building and seen Kehlani waiting for me. "Uh what's up?" I said. She looked around to see if there was anyone near.

"We need to stop talking to each other." She said. "Why?" I say as I start playing around with my rings.

"Look my girl came back from New York. And I don't want no problems with you and her cause she gets jealous easily. So it's best for us to just stop talking." Kehlani said. "Oh," I said. "Okay?" I said before leaving the restroom.

As I walked I faced around and seen Kehlani's face with a blank expression. What are you supposed to do when someone tells you to stop talking to them? We weren't even close so what was the big deal?

I just had to accept it and move on. Act like I never knew Kehlani. I wasn't hurt, nor was I my happy self. It's not like we were close. It was just a numb feeling?

I walked around campus until the bell rang.

"Hey where were you?" Blair said. "Oh i skipped class." I said. "Sorry I didn't tell you, it was a last minute thing." I said. "Are you sure or were you with Kehlani?" Blair said giving me a smirk. "Well I was for a while before she cut off our ' friendship' what'd I expect a popular girl to hang out with me." I scoffed out.

"Oh," Blair said. "She's not worth it." She said. "Yup but it's fine. Let's just go to class." I said before we walked off to class.

                             ~ At Lunch ~

We were in the cafeteria before a large group entered. It was Kehlani and Amanda, with their friends.

I seen Kehlani on her phone ignoring everybody around her.

Minutes passed by as I was scrolling through instagram. I seen a notification pop up. A new follower requested to follow me. I clicked their profile and it was Kehlani.

Why is she following me if she doesn't want nothing to do with me? I looked up and seen Kehlani already staring at me. I accepted it because I needed new followers either way. I've lost a bunch of followers once I left my hometown. Including a bunch of my old friends.

I scrolled down her page and Kehlani was attractive I must admit, yes, she is hot in person but damn she looks sexy and I don't even use the word sexy. I got a notification, Kehlani liked my recent post. My most recent post was when I went to the beach. I had a bikini on. My figure looked good in the picture to.

I told Aliyah and Blair what had happened. "She's a bitch why would she shut you off and then go on and follow you? She's so confusing." Blair said. "No she's not, she obviously still wants to keep you in contact." Aliyah said.

"Uh no if she wanted to keep her in contact why end the friendship? Makes no sense." Blair said. "She obviously did it for a reason, you know how Amanda gets when she's jealous." Aliyah said. "If she gets mad let her we'll pull up." Blair said jokingly.

"Still it's not Kehlani's fault." Aliyah said. "Yeah, yeah whatever." Blair said scoffing.

Im the distance I seen Amanda yelling at Kehlani. Minutes later she then proceeded to approach our table while Kehlani chased after her.