Lani

Kehlani's POV:

"You're late, miss Parrish." My teacher says bitterly. "Still in your class." I say as I pat his shoulder. "Go to your seat." He says. I head to my seat and see Billie's head down.

I take my seat and take out all my needs. "Hey princess." I whisper. No reply.

I rolled my eyes. Why is she mad at me? I personally believe I have a right to be mad.

"You're still mad at me?" I groan out. She looked up and I noticed her eye bags, she looked exhausted. "Are you okay angel?" I say
genuinely concerned. She slowly nodded before looking at the smart board.

I sigh out. "Can we talk?" I say patting her shoulder. "What is there to talk about Lani?" She says. "There is plenty to talk about." I say. "Okay then, let's talk about how you and Amanda were fucking when we were a thing." Billie says. I furrowed my eyebrows before chuckling.

"Where'd you hear this from?" I ask. "Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter either way. I'll be dropping off all your clothes tomorrow after school." She says. "Babe-" I say before I get cut off. "Fuck you with your "babe" we could've actually been in a relationship but you had to fuck shit up." Billie says.

I looked at her not saying a word. "Okay." I say. That was the last thing we said to eachother before silence filled the air. I drew in my journal waiting for the period to end.

I was pissed. Furious. Why would she believe this shit? If it didn't come out my own mouth then why believe rumors about me? She knew how much I loved her. I said and acted like it. I gave her everything just for her to believe a nasty rumor.

For the next couple of minutes it was silent, other then the teacher rambling about the lesson. "Okay, get to work." The teacher finally says. I grab my pencil and do the work sheet. It was simple.

After I finished I went on my phone to text Evelyn. 'You still on the plane?' I text. My phone then gets a notification. 'Yeah we're about to land tho.' She replies back.

Suddenly the vibe in the room felt odd. Definitely not ordinary. Something trying to tell me something. I slide it off and continue texting Evelyn.

"Class," The teacher said with a worried look on her face. "Get up from your seats and go to the corner." She says. She immediately locked the door and put a chair against it. She then proceeded to cover up the windows that gave a view of the class since we were downstairs.

Everybody was confused. "Mrs what's going on?" A student asks. She sighed before looking around the room. "I can't say, don't panic. Just do what I say, and do okay?" She says sounding nervous as she hid in the corner as well.

A lockdown? We never had a lockdown, most of these kids never witnessed a lockdown. The neighborhood was a safe place. A neighborhood filled with rich kids.

I face Billie who was panicking and fidgeting with her rings. All I wanted was to keep her safe. There was a knock on the door. Everybody held in their breath.

The person behind the door tried opening the door. They slammed the door waiting for somebody to open it.

Billie's eyes were glossy. I silently pushed people out of the way to get closer to her. I went behind her to hug her from the back as my hands were on her waist and my face was on her shoulder.

"It's okay, you'll be safe as long as i'm here." I whisper. There was a small smile on her face before the dangerous person started banging on the door.

Eventually they went away, but seconds later there was shooting and screaming. Billie flinched everytime she heard a gun shot causing me to hold her tighter. "You're not gonna get hurt, i'll make sure of it. If it's the last thing I do." I whisper to her.

"I'm sorry." She whispers. I didn't know what to say, nor what she was apologizing for. About the kiss or the argument.

I didn't say anything, I just held her tightly. Eventually the announcement went on and said we couldn't leave campus and if there's any more news they'll call our parents and email us.

I swung my backpack over my shoulder. We were in the class for hours since the ambulance came due to the dead bodies. They refused to let us out and see dead bodies on the floor so we had to stay till they cleaned everything up.

I met Nailea and Larray. "That was insane." Nailea says. "I know! I'm fucking scared." Larray mumbled. There were doctors and cops everywhere.

In the corner of my eyes I see Jessie hugging Billie tightly. I wished she would've gotten shot.

"You guys wanna go eat? I'm starving." I say. "Kehlani people literally just died and you're thinking about food?" Nailea says. "Bitch my stomach was literally growling!" I say. She slightly chuckled. "I wish but my moms gonna
pick me up." Larray says. "Same," Nailea says. "That's them. I gotta go, text you guys later." Nailea says.

"Oh my god im so glad you're okay!" Amanda said as she rushed to me. She greeted me with a extremely tight hug. "I was worried." She says as she hugged me. "It's fine, im okay." I say smiling.

She grabbed onto my neck as I grabbed her waist. "I was scared." She said. "Yeah everyone was scared." I mumbled. "Oh I have to go Kehlani, text you later!" Larray says as he entered his moms car.

"Need a ride?" I ask. "Um," She said. "Yeah, but I don't wanna go home." She said. "Wanna go eat?" I ask. She nodded. "Please i'm starving!" She groaned out. I chuckled as I put my hand over her shoulder as we walked towards my car.

Amanda wasn't bad, she was changing. To the better.

We get in as I spot a black matte dodge challenger in front of me. I leave the parking lot and speed our way out of there.

We entered Taco Bell as I ordered for us. "Cash or credit?" The worker asks. "Um," I say as I looked at my wallet. "Cash please." I say as I realize I forgot my card.

We sit down waiting for our food as we have a conversation. "It was probably Carl, you know. Quite kid in the back always drawing about violent shit and said he'd dream to kill someone." She says. "I don't know dude, he's actually really cool." I say. "Just saying, notice how he was absent the whole week!" She says.

I hear a familiar voice and laugh. I look around and notice Billie and Jessie ordering food. I roll my eyes. Amanda noticed. "Kehlani," She says. "Were you and Billie a thing?" She asks. "Not really. Well we were planning too but it ended up just being sex and soft shit." I say as I take a bite out of my burrito.

"Oh," She says. "Why'd you guys stop talking?" She says. "Well we got into a argument, I thought it was very dumb but she didn't and she took it serious. The next day she's off to kissing some other chick." I say as I scoffed out. "You still love her." Amanda says. I take a deep sigh. "It's complicated. I love her, I really do. I miss her but I don't think she misses me at all. Now she's moved on and there's nothing I can do about it. So now I also have to move on." I say. "It sucks cause it was over a stupid argument that was over Jessie and now she's kissing her." I say.

"She's coming our way." Amanda whispered. I panic. "First date at Taco Bell? Cute." Jessie says. I roll my eyes as I stood up facing her. "No. Fuck off Jessie. I seriously don't wanna argue right now." I say. "Wow chill bud. What's up your dick." She scoffed out. I rolled my eyes.

I sit back down tired of Jessie. "Babe let's go." I say. "Babe?" Billie asks. I nod. "What?" I say as I interlink Amanda's fingers with mine. "I'm not even that hungry." I say. "Wait Lani!" Billie says. "It's Kehlani." I say.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "You always let me call you Lani." Billie mumbled. "Well from now on it's Kehlani to you." I say. "Come on babe." I say as I drag Amanda out of there.