Familiar

Vega had thought that the planet was awfully strange when he arrived the first time. Now, even after a few days he still hasn't grown used to it. It was still strange no matter how he looked at it. He did not take account the wild life, he was after all there to find the runaway princess, not sightseeing. But the cities was not too bad.

The town was adorned by glass towers, dangerously hot during the day, flags flying from each roof, blue-red with white stars. At night, the city looked pretty and stunning, with lights that lit them all like claws of diamonds. The reflection of the city was what made it like a dream. From above he saw everything as it is, just beautiful. The change of color as the day progressed held in the reflection of the water. But of course, up close it was a different story.

Streets were filled with people in colorful outfits. In Tahamarah or even in Tamaran, everyone wore the exact same outfit. All a mixture of purple and white, or black and silver.

He was wearing black and silver. The silver of his clothing wrapped his body perfectly while the black covered his chest and hip to his high boots. He didn't mind wearing the exact same color as his people. It was normal for him though he never knew what the fuss his father made was all about. 'We are royalty!' He had once said. But even the first princess of Tamaran didn't mind the color, but then again Blackfire always had better things to think about than clothing.

"We really should just drop by and ask her to go back," Rigel said, flying beside him.

"You know we can't. We have to talk to her personally, without influence from her friends." Yudit said from his left. They were flying above the city, high enough he was sure no one could see that they were there.

It had taken the whole day to follow Starfire in her wild goose chase, just to have a moment where they can talk. But even now they still just follow in silence.

"Vega, we can't wait any longer, you have to make your decision now." Yudit's eyes lit in a blaze of purple fire. The dark energy in him seeped out of his frame in a thin layer of heavy smoke. Vega swallowed, but his eyes did not waver from his friend. He knew the trip had made them tired, the situation back home would make anyone warry, and today the sight of the Princess wandering off cluelessly was adding salt to injury.

"I will make my decision Yudit, but you must be patient. The news is a sensitif subject, there should be a way to deliver it."

"It's bad news either way Vega." Surprisingly Rigel chimed in, leaning towards Yudit. Hearing someone was on the same wagen as him, calmed the boy. His eyes returned to its usual purple color. "The goal is to bring her to the doorstep." Yudit said.

"We'll leave even before." Rigel said instead, "If the guards see us they'll know we're from Tahamaran. It's not unusual to kill us on the spot."

Vega didn't engage the conversation any longer. "Come on, we need to get closer." He said. Led by Vega, they glided from the sky, careful not to be seen. Moving effortlessly behind each building, billboards, and bridges. They continued until they finally stopped.

The three Tahamaranian boys hid behind empty crates and leftover moving boxes. Starfire was with her friend, a boy with a mask and a staff. Vega could have sworn the masked boy was terribly injured when he flew above them yesterday.

Curious, Vega moved to take a closer look at them, and he noticed although the boy had healed quickly, he was not fully healed yet. He slightly limped behind Starfire, who seemed worried but said nothing.

"I'm with Yudit on this one." Vega whispered. "I'd like to talk to her without influence from her friends. They would try to stop her from going."

"She is the princess and with Blackfire in Ollengrath, there's no one there but her to take the place. She would understand that she has to leave no matter how much she wants to stay here. Her people needs her." Rigel insisted.