The Beginning of The Fall

They came closer to her, their footsteps sounded so clear in the silence of the location. Then she opened her eyes and blasted the two men, knocking them unconscious. She snorted at them than continued her way to back of the throne. It was specially designed to keep gold, silver, and jewels, such as Lyus stones, Brapa diamonds, Charta gems, and Gittalo moon rocks. They were valuable treasures but that was not what she was looking for. She was looking for her battle suit.

The door was made from hard Vule iron, so thick that only the strength of the royal family could open it. Inside the shining stones and gold freckle her face with colorful spots, but it was not what she had her eyes on. Her battle suit was still there, similar to what Blackfire always wear, but where her battle suit was dark purple, hers were silver white. The crown of the kingdom left for her to take, the shape of a large sharp M to put on her face. And so she did.

It felt heavy, the armor. But it felt strong and reliable, her crown placed on her head to see; she was the Grand Ruler of Tamaran and they had every reason to fear her.

Robin was losing energy.

He panted hard, blocking an attack that came straight to his chest. A man, taller than the rest had decided it was his task to take Robin down, and he did not take his task lightly. Robin had seen Raven and Yudit fight there just a few minutes ago when Beastboy had been dragged somewhere along the crowd, his body constantly changing out of control. Whatever was in the liquid, it had affected him too in a very strange way.

Robin ducked down, avoiding a hard kick than lounged up; hitting his jaw. The man yelped, then glared at him, his eyes were murderous. Robin could see battle marks everywhere on his body, from whips, sword cuts, small arrow marks where it had cut through his flesh, and black burned skin.

"You are human but you are strong," He said with a smirk on his face, "I'm pleased to find an opponent worth my time." Usually, it would bring some sort of pride in him, but this time it didn't. Robin had heard that more than once, though he couldn't remember who exactly between the hard cries and sounds of battle; swords clashing, gun shots, and desperate screams. He had seen this man tear a daughter from her mother and killed her cold heartedly. This man was not worthy of him. "You won't have any when I'm done with you," Robin said calmly.

The man cried out terribly when a shot of green laser threw him to the side. A terrible wound opened on his stomach, pouring blood out to the streets. Robin looked up, his eyes widened.

Starfire flew by, not realizing he was there. Her body was covered with silk silver armor that looked similar to Blackfire's, her face covered by her crown, her eyes burning brightly. He could sense how dangerous she was, the same way she had first met him. She did not care if anyone was crushed; she only set her eyes on her goal.

"Robin!" Someone called to him. Robin looked around quickly, trying to find who was calling him. Rigel. He was standing between the crowds of violent battle, trying not to get himself killed. "The mother ship!" He pointed out towards the sky. Robin glanced at the large heavily armed ship, there was where the soldiers were coming from.

Suddenly Rigel was beside him, Vega on the other. The Prince looked as if he was wrecked himself, but his eyes were hard with determination. "If we take down the main ship, we can stop this. But we cannot do this without you, they will detect us." Vega said.

Robin gritted his teeth when Rigel violently pushed them from the pile of stones down to the sharp ground. A rocket had been released and it had hit with a loud explosion, not so far from them. There was a rain of dust and sand, smoke rising to block his few, suffocate his lungs. His head dizzy from the hardness of the explosion but still he could hear Vega's cry, "Rigel!"

Robin scrambled to his feet to kneel beside Vega and couldn't help but suck in his breath. He remembered Rigel just this afternoon, his hair a messy tangle, his smile wide and friendly. He had not known Rigel for long, but he knew when someone was kind. It was shown in the depths of their eyes, eyes that were closed now. Vega pulled Rigel up to his lap; his face was blackened by smoke, dust, and sand. Blood pouring from a gash on his head, his left arm was gone, blood pouring out, his right foot was badly twisted and Robin had to look away. He couldn't see that, it reminded him too much of his parents had looked when they died.

Another man approached, pointing his gun at Vega. "No!" Robin cried, just as a bright purple laser shot the man, sending him flying elsewhere. Yudit emerged between the piles of ruined building, flying straight at them. "My Prince-" He stopped dead. The look on his face was pure horror and grief. "No!" He cried, kneeling beside Rigel. "No no no no!"

Robin didn't know what to do; only that he had to protect them. Soldiers had started to notice their small crowd and they all came with sharp swords, guns, and daggers. He breathed hard, thanking Raven for covering them with her powers; forming a black force field around them.

"I'm sorry," Raven said to them. Robin moved to check his pulse, "He's still alive! We need help!" Hope rose in his chest. There was still a chance to save him.

"Raven, Yudit, move as a unit to the infirmary in the palace, Vega and I will try to take down the main battleship." Raven nodded then glanced at the giant ship. "Good luck," Was all she said before opening a way for them to run. Vega gave Yudit a last glance before following Robin out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------