Old Friends

The room broke into motion as the three Lulinth went out of the room screaming orders. Starfire gathered around with Robin, Raven, Vega, and Rigel in the empty room, outside there were shouts already, heavy boots running on the hard cement, and clanks of weapons brought out of the armory. The bells of the army rang like giant chimes in the distance. She couldn't help but feel shame when she relied on Robin to take control of the situation, which he did.

"Raven, go and call for Beastboy and Cyborg, we'll be fighting as the first line of defense." He told Raven quickly and she understood immediately, leaving the room; her purple robe flew around her feet as she disappeared to the right. Robin stared at Vega and Rigel, "You know how your kingdom fights more than any of us, go to the head army and tell them your battle formations," Vega nodded. He gave a quick glance at Starfire before flying out of the room, through the window, Rigel following just behind him. She waited for her orders but instead, she felt him hold her wrist and pulled her out of the room, just in time when a blast blew the side of the tower.

"Robin!" She yelled out as the floor cracked in two. She whimpered when she felt the liquid from the explosion blinded her eyes, stinging her skin and burned her right leg. It felt like someone had poured hot boiling water on her and the pain intensified by the second.

"Starfire!" She could hear Robin jump from the other side as the tower gave way. It was terrifying that she couldn't see anything, the sound of heavy stones crumbling down to the ground, people screaming for cover, dust, and sand covering her body, choking her lungs, made her panic. What will happen to her?

A hand caught her by the wrist and pulled her up. So strong that she practically flew before she landed on the sandy floor. The sound of hard rock hitting the floor sounded horrifying behind her. Small rocks jumped from the impact of the hit, she felt them hit the sides of her body. "Starfire, hold on to me," He demanded and she did just that. She rolled her hands around his body and felt them swing down from something she could only guess what. She slipped down, holding his waist.

"Don't let go!" He screamed desperately. There was fear in his voice. She thought it would take more time before they landed and she thought she would have to fall because the pain on her body was so intense she felt dizzy. "Robin," She whispered. Another explosion resounded in the distance and there was a rain of glass, she could hear it.

"Yudit!" Robin called out. They finally landed on one of the corridors, she could feel it from the coldness of the floor under her. A pair of hands caught her face, "Starfire, Starfire are you okay?" Robin asked, panicked, "Open your eyes,"

"I-I can't the liquid, it got into my eyes."

"You can't fight like this," He said quickly, suddenly pulling her somewhere else as a group of man ran by, two stopping beside them. "My queen!" One said, kneeling.

"She is wounded!" The other said.

"Is there a safe place for her? We need a doctor, fast!" The two caught the urgency in his words and carried her up. She reached out to Robin, but she could hear he was running somewhere else. She rolled her hands around the young man's neck, wishing she could see.

He remembered there were fights and battles in Tamarah involving small invasion attempts from Genoe, a small planet in Ducha star system in the west of Tama; but none like this. This fight was simply to destroy, to kill, and it was very well planned. Yudit had found himself ducking under a large boulder when the first attack had come, destroying half of the tower. Above him, rocks, sand, dust, and liquids had fallen like acid rain. He couldn't help himself but hide, although he hated it to hide. With his ankle sprain, he wouldn't get far. He coughed, peeking out of his hideout to see that a battleship had landed not so far from where he was; Tamarah soldiers poured out like mice from a large basket, their hands carrying weapons. He turned away, just in time to see two boots landing in front of him. He looked up and saw two bright green eyes.