Knowing What You Missed

Starfire stared out towards the round shape of her planet with a swelling sensation she thought would rip her apart. It was red, covered with sand and grass that somehow had red chlorophylls, different from the leafs and trees on earth. It was hard getting used to the strange color of nature back on earth, and she had thought it would be hard to get used to seeing everything in red again; it was not. It was like visiting an old friend who she hadn't seen for years. No matter how things have changed in your life, you could still recognize their face and wouldn't find anything strange or weird about it. Beside them Vega and the two other lead the way around the main flight path, suggesting it was better not to attract any attention from their enemies. It was a flight, longer than it should have taken, but it was safe.

Beastboy who should have said something by now hadn't said anything yet, neither did the others. Robin's soft murmur of contact with Vega was the only thing they could hear. She could sense there was tension between them. They had seen the end of the world the way Raven's father had brought it. But none of them had ever seen an ongoing war. The sound it would carry, the death they would see, the face of ruins they will have to rebuilt, or the potential death that could take one of them. She took a deep breath; the tips of the high building in her kingdom had begun making a shape. The round roofs, with sharp tips, some with none, the countless large towers with windows, and giant balconies showing status. It was odd, she thought about it now. How her people would show off their status by building balconies in their homes. From kingdom family members to the ministries, the army, and finally the middle-class ones. It wasn't something that should be used to show that kind of things, she thought now.

Seeing new things, new cultures and new politics had given her new point of few about things. Things, perhaps, she would never dare say to her people. How could they understand? When have they never even known there was a planet called earth?

The machine rattled, making louder noises as it pulled over, staying afloat in midair. The round shape on the ground had been carved in she knew, for ships from her planet to land. Cyborg called out to Vega, "Better tell them we're friend." There were guards running out, with weapons in their hands. Robin said nothing, observing as Rigel and Yudit stood between them and the guards.

"I think Starfire should make the first entrance," Raven said, finally shutting off her side of the engine after landing on the ground. It was what Cyborg would say, 'A successful landing'.

"I will. Please, allow me." She said, opening the glass door. It swung up, sliding into an empty space where it held the glass steadily. It was easier flying in this gravity, lighter and more recognizable. Starfire raised her hand, the way someone would say stop on earth. But on Tamaran, it was a gesture for royalty. The guards who were apparently trying to kill both Rigel and Yudit had bowed down, kneeling on the ground. The head of the guard somewhere inside the main entrance had screamed out orders, words she could make out without thinking, 'The queen is here! She has come to us! Hurry and report to the head minister!'

They were standing in the middle of Cedei, the center hall where the captain of the army- last time she left was Meekar- would land his ship. Around them were three tall towers each with a different shape as symbols; Syhy for the quote of Culoop, the strength of the army is the sharpness of their blades and the wildness of their beliefs. It was drawn like two small jars having their tips met together. The second was Arhoe for the quote of Creslog, the first king who finished the Sierax war the first time Tamaran had been made; there is a time where death was made in order to regain, but no more is that. It was a symbol like three birds flying in a circle, though it didn't look like any birds on earth. And third was the symbol of Calliet, for the first who discovered faith and strength of the mind, Gagrei; I am who I am and I am who decides what I can and cannot do. Shaped like a large X with an extra part on the left and down part.