The Sudden Trip

The Titan Tower was a strange building from the very start. It was shaped in the letter T, build on a patch of land beside the city. He wondered how exactly do they not get visitors every day, considering the number of enemies they had built over the years, not that he knows so much about it. He was just guessing, from how Robin does his work. He stared out to the few with little hope of some fun he could make out from the team. It's been three years already since they first met, its been a whole year since they saw each other. This was bound to be a real reunion. He smiled behind his mask and pressed automatically on the X-mark on his belt.

At first, the tower seemed empty. The room was dim, dreary, and in the same time gloomy. There were wires sticking out of the ceiling, something that wasn't supposed to be there since he sometimes sneaked in just to see what the gang was doing. It was something he did just for the thrill of it, with no real purpose or anything to gain. It was true what he had said once to Robin, not all villains like to play the big guy, just small things to steal and such. Robin had said to him back then, that he was just selfish. It didn't even really reached his ear back then; he was having so much fun playing with the boy.

X sneaked behind a large mountain of scrap metal he recognizes the parts of. They were rocket parts, from their old T-ship. From the side, he looked curiously to what Cyborg was doing. The guy seemed seriously calculating something on his small laptop. They were space calculations, one that would let you know how long you'll get somewhere in this existence with a certain speed of light. He frowned. Where were they going?

Backing down, he moved to the back of the T-ship, seeking for the right moment to dash and steal the Venomololium-X he needed. Whatever Death Stroke wanted it for, he didn't really care but all he needed was to steal the last tube available in town. He ducked quickly, hiding away from Cyborg's sight. He was whistling, taking the small tube and inserting it deep into the machine. The clanking sound annoyed him.

'Don't let them know you're there.' A voice spoke to him.

"I know. He has just inserted it inside the T-ship, I think they're going out for a trip." He said, taking in that Cyborg was too busy thinking of something else to notice there were whispers behind him.

'Aren't we all?' He asked with a deep husky voice. How old was he? Thirty? Forty? 'Go get V-X or you won't get paid.' And the line ended. He hated it the most when someone tells him what to do. It was just against what he help up before everything else, Red-X works alone. So much for that, he thought. Before he could think, he jumped up and sneaked in the machine. The tube was inside a small steel container, strongly placed where no one can take it if not with special help. He tried anyway when suddenly everything was dark. Cyborg must have closed the back trunk without knowing he was there. "Oh no." He said. There were voices coming, voices he knows. Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beastboy, and others. He frowned. Interesting.

He tried opening the trunk, but there was no way of opening it from the inside. Whatever trip the Titans were taking, he's coming with them.

"Fuck it." He said under the sound of running engine. Folding his knee under his chin, waiting for the whole thing to shake.

"Everyone ready?" Robin said.

"You go ahead, we'll follow you from behind." Someone unfamiliar said.

"Alright. Starfire, are you coming with us?" Another stranger said. There was a gap before she said, "I will be in the T-ship. In case something would happen in the way. They need to know where Tamaran is."

"They also know where the earth is." Another voice said. He could hear Beast boy murmur something but there was no response. He looked down to his pitch black hand, waiting for them to make a second checkup before they launched but they didn't check again. The engine began to roar lauder, the small space around him shook, and he could feel the pressure as the rocket took off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------