The Other Way Around

"How dare you!" Starfire struggled against two men holding her on each side. They dragged her down, determent not to let her go. "Our apologies, my queen," One man said, holding her harder now. Starfire called out in pain, "Robin! No! Please!" Everything felt as if it was moving slowly, painfully slowly. In her mind, she couldn't stop imagining Robin jumping out of the battleship, miraculously, amazingly, anytime soon. But as the ship began to fall apart, there was no sign of him.

"Vega! Vega! You have to help him!" She cried.

"This is an order! Let me go!" Just a few feet above her, Vega pushed Yudit back, half shoving him away like a dog. Yudit had his hands around his hip, holding his prince down as well. "If I let you go, you will hurt yourself!"

"I am your prince!"

"I am your bodyguard!" Yudit replied almost with annoyance. Starfire looked down, looking for anyone that can help. Raven was not there, Beastboy had gone, Cyborg was the only one left; looking up helplessly, no doubt not knowing what was happening. When she saw...

Starfire yanked herself free from the guards; her body was hard covered in iron and metal, silver, all at once that it could have broken bones. The two men moved back unconsciously, beginning to move back in formation. She did not face them. Starfire gunned down, almost like a bullet towards a figure standing among the ruins.

"Red-X!" She exclaimed.

"Hello there," He said a little flirtatious. Starfire held him by the arm, half shaking him, "You have to go and get Robin, he is still on that ship!" She pointed towards the mothership. Red-X sighs, "You're joking,"

"This is no matter of laughter!" Starfire grabbed him by both hands, flying up towards the ship. The wind around her blew her hair back, the black smoke from the ship spread across the sky; blocking her few, the air hot, thick, and dirty. Red-X coughed his voice deep and husky, "What's the plan!" He shouted.

Starfire stopped a few feet away from the ship as there were guards blocking her way. She took a deep breath, "You will not let me pass, but you will let this one go!" She held Red-X by the collar, lifted him by the stomach, raising him to the air. Red-X half choked in surprise, "What are you doing!"

"You will bring Robin out of there!" And she swirled around a few times before throwing the boy towards the mothership, everyone staring; open-mouthed.

He could feel the surface of the floor slowly turning vertical, as much as he knew these men would not let him go. They would die here and they didn't care. Robin narrowed his eyes, eyeing the last few remaining men, four of them standing like living walls. There were ten of them at first, six now lying on the floor motionless. But these four, not like the rest, were strong, tactical, and experienced. They were no ordinary soldiers, yet here they were spared to die by their leaders.

"Don't you realize we're going to die here if you don't move!?" They said nothing, hunching their backs stubbornly, "We know," Was all they said. Robin jumped up, half lying on the controls as one jumped at him. The other three ran all together, each with a weapon. Robin ducked, half staggering to his feet and landed on the floor. Another explosion shook the ship, harder this time. His hands flat against the floor, half leaning on the sides of the control table. The three men had fallen themselves; still, they were trying to reach him.

As hard as he could, Robin kicked the one closest to him on the jaw. He heard a cracking noise, followed by an agonizing shriek. He got to his feet, eyeing the man with the biggest figure. He had his hands on his sword, another on something he couldn't tell what. Robin guessed it was something like a local weapon; spikes like a chainsaw covered the edges.

"You're going to pay for the failure of this plan," He growled.

Robin couldn't help but grin, "Go ahead and ask me how many times have I heard that " He held his staff, one point towards the man. Suddenly, a feat kicked the man's head on the side; a figure squatted on top of the control room. "I wasn't expecting to see you again like this," He said with his deep husky voice.

"How did you get here?" Robin kicked one of the men as he tried to stand up, hard enough that this time he stayed on the floor. The other man had run out of the door.

"Your girlfriend threw me," Red-X said, amused.

"What?"

They both ran out of the room, following the yellow stripes leading them out. The mothership as he always realized was losing one of its engines. It was going down, but with one engine still on, the ship was falling vertically; resulting to them running up.

"How do you handle her?" Red-X asked teasingly. Robin frowned, "That's none of your business," Robin held Red-X's hand, one hand shooting a rope up on one of the pipes by the entrance. As they begun to hang, the rope pulled them up. Robin sucked in his breath. As the ship fell to its full speed towards the ground, their feet were lifted. Red-X grabbed hold onto one of the pipes, one hand reaching towards Robin. "Grab hold! I'll take us out of here!"

"Now!" Robin exclaimed. Red-X pressed the button on his belt, teleporting them somewhere else. Robin felt his stomach contract, the same way when he rode a rollercoaster. The moments as his body got dragged down by the weight of the train, the people around him, and the wind on his face, the sheer drop, and the thrill of it. It had been a few years ever since he had worn the suit, he realized, he had forgotten what it was like to wear it.

Robin could only breathe when they reached the ground or midair. Red-X's suit was designed to only bring one, not two people in the journey, Robin remembered, it could only bring them so far. They reappeared a few feet above red grassy hills, rolling down violently. Red-X coughed, grunting, while Robin tried not to let a rock or anything cut his skin as they both went down. He should have realized that was unnecessary. Just a hill away, the mothership crashed. The metal, bits, and parts of it flew all over the place. The sound was almost unbearable; it made his ears go numb. All he could hear was a long beeping noise, the heat of the fire touching his skin, and the impact threw them both further away. The smoke, sand, and ash rained around them, filling their lungs. Robin sucked in a breath, falling from an edge of something.

It felt like forever before he fell to what seemed like shallow icy waters. It was a small river, thought Robin wasn't sure. In the corner of his eyes, he could see Red-X laid still; half his body in water. He took a deep breath, it was painful. Robin coughed, letting the red sky, and orange flames above him take him to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, everyone, thanks so much for the support you guys been giving me for this Fanfiction. It really keeps me going, and I really appreciate it! :D I love you guys, happy reading, and have a lovely day!