Your Secrets Secret

It was something about the other boy that made a tingling sensation of uneasiness on his chest. Like a light burden that pinched him for too long that it bothered him; though he didn't know why he felt that way. It didn't make any sense. Besides, Vega was Starfire's childhood friend.

"If there is something bothering you, just tell me," Vega said, in a way indicating that he didn't care that Robin was there. Or was it just his feeling?

"I miss Galfor. I'm not used to being here without him. It feels strange." She said. Behind them, Rigel had found his way towards the map on the table, determined not to get caught in the sensitive atmosphere. Robin stepped back,

"Have you a clue on what the enemy is aiming for?" He asked. Rigel looked up, giving a quick glance towards Starfire and Vega when he said, "Yes. Nehau is a simple man. He wants the world to become one, but him as the leader. There was a time, a legend that told of a planet in harmony, not divided in two. I guess that is what he aims to do."

"And you left the kingdom. Is that why you decided to lay your alliance here? Because you find them on the wrong side?" Vega thought about it for a moment. On the corner of Robin's ear, he could still make some soft whispering from the two behind him; caught in a conversation that he was clearly not a part of.

"My alliance is where my prince is." He finally said. "I too find what the king is doing is wrong, the same way my prince sees it. So I guess I am in this way lucky. It is all I have to say."

Robin said nothing at that, "Were you there? When the attacks happen?"

Rigel was aware of the change of topic but said nothing. Taking two small iron X's from the container, he placed them above two small cities on the border of Skatso. "It was just a few weeks ago when we realized that the soldiers of our kingdom had tried new weapons. I was with Vega and Yudit when the king called for us and suddenly declared war."

"You mean, he decided to start a war without you knowing?" Robin interrupted.

"As I said, it was unexpected. We knew we were being trained more intensely the past few months but we didn't think it was going to be war. While the weapons, well even for us it still remains a mystery. Who knows how long the king had them? Days? Weeks? Months?" Rigel took a seat, both elbows on the table. Someone came in, a girl with red pony tail holding a tray of something that looked gold under the yellow light. She said nothing and placed the cups of drinks with no sound before leaving them again. Robin glanced at Starfire, then dropped his eyes, realizing that Rigel was observing him.

"They were good friends." He said so suddenly, Robin felt he was caught doing a crime.

"I know." Robin took a sip, feeling the warm liquid going down his throat. It was like drinking ginger only without the burning part; mixed with sugar and something he didn't know what. Rigel drank his, a smile playing on the tips of his lips.

"But you don't know." He insisted, "Vega was engaged to Blackfire, but Starfire was always the better companion. I think maybe because they understand each other more than anyone else does." Robin looked back this time, clearly not hiding his interest.

"... are you sure there was nothing suspicious?" Vega just said.

"There wasn't," Robin replied for her. "We were facing an enemy we suspected someone with a change of identity, but we didn't find anything that would have anything to do with the war here, except for the weapons we saw," Robin said, remembering the weapons he had saw inside the wooden crates. They were long and heavy, too heavy in the material to be held for too long, inside them were red liquid; like paint. "It affected you, didn't it?"