Breaking up with Hailee

Y/N POV-

You opened the door, noticing a sudden sickening feeling in your chest. You could feel something was off.

"Hailee?" You called out. You turned a corner to see your girlfriend, head in hands. She looked like she surrendered to defeat.

Her eyes lifted from the ground, landing on you.

Your heart skipped a beat. You could feel what was about to happen.

Your relationship with Hailee had become a sinking ship in the past months. You knew it was only a matter of time until one of you called it quits, but you weren't ready. You weren't ready to let go of the memories, the small moments and butterflies that came alive when she entered the room.

"Y/N." She paused for a moment, debating her next sentence. "Come sit," she gently tapped the spot next to her.

You sat only inches apart from each other, the space creating a burning desire to hold her, beg her not to do what you know was going to happen.

"Did I do something wrong?" You suddenly blurted out feeling self pity rise to the surface.

"What? No, love. You didn't do anything wrong, it's just me," She started.

You felt your face turn into sadness. Your eyes widened, and your lips quivered.

"I'm sorry, for making you feel bad about yourself," Hailee carried on.

"No, you didn't make me feel bad about myself," Your voice cracked.

"It's okay if you want to break up with me," She avoided eye-contact.

Your chest felt like it was going to explode. You stomach twisted in the moment, your hands shaking at her words.

"I- I don't want to break up with you Hailee... but It feels like you want to," You suggested, waiting for the answer you already knew.

"To be honest, yeah, I do. I'm just so tired. I'm not in a good place, Y/N. This relationship is ruining both of us. I- I think I've lost feelings for you."

Immediately, you bit your lip, trying to hold back a wave of sobs that were screaming to escape.

"Why?" You managed to choke out.

"We're holding onto something that isn't there anymore Y/N. We're not the same. We have nothing in common anymore. I know this relationship is hurting you as much as it for me. I think it's best we let go of each other. I know you'll be happier without me," Hailee felt a lump form in her throat.

Seeing you trying to be tough hurt more than the break up itself.

"Okay, I- I understand," You sniffed, hoping this was all just some sick nightmare.

"Okay." Hailee stood up, as you followed her movements.

"I wish you the best Y/N, I really do. Please text me if you ever need anything. I'm always here for you." Hailee walked to the front door, before turning around. A soft smile planted on her lips, taking one last look at you.

She stepped an inch closer. She went to kiss your cheek but you placed a hand on her chest, preventing her from the action.

"Please, just go." You closed your eyes, as you heard the door open.

"Goodbye Y/N," You heard her mumble before the door closed.

You opened your eyes. There you stood, alone once more. No one here to comfort you. No Hailee to hold you.

You felt your chest tighten, as you walked to the kitchen, the closest room to the door.

You slide down one of the cupboards, as your entire world collapsed in on itself.  if the soul could bleed an ocean through the eyes, that was the enormity of your sobbing. In those tears is the proof of your good soul and how you loved.

after a moment, a sudden feeling of anger washed over you, causing you to grab your keys and head to your car. 

You pushed the keys into the hole, turning it sharply until the car jumped to life. 

Your foot hit the floor as the car roared to life, taking off with such speed it became hard to control. You eyes were blurry from you tears as your surrounding settings passed you with intense speed. 

As you hit your max speed, your hands had loosened its grip. Your heartrate spiked and the sudden realization of what you were doing hit you.

Right then you completely lost it. Were you about to take your life when the person you loved was trying to hold on to theirs? Did you almost kill yourself for selfish reasons when really you needed to live unselfishly for the one person you cared for the most? How could you be so stupid?

You hit the break, coming to an abrupt stop in the middle of the road. Cars honked and beeped at you but you didn't care, you breakdown once more, screaming and yanking at the steering wheel.

You heard a buzz from your phone in the passengers seat, pulling you back into reality. What were you doing?

You sniffed, wiping your eyes and sighing to yourself. You had to move on, it was the only way to let her go. You knew you would always care for her... but she was no longer yours.

Time skip~

You hadn't thought about Hailee in years. You had an amazing boyfriend (or girlfriend)... you even adopted a dog together, named Daisy.

Somedays you'll see an interview of her and remember the times you used to play around behind scenes with her. Other days you'll smile to yourself, recalling her look of utter awe when talking to you.

You look back now on your break up with Hailee and know there was a time you were angry at the universe, to introduce the two of you only to take her far away, yet you have found your peace with it. For in these days of missing Hailee, you cannot entertain the idea of another. In this you have become as close to independent as it is for a soul such as yourself to achieve. For this, though it is a challenge, you can have only gratitude.

Missing Hailee was how you grew up, growth is painful for the most part. Yet when you learn these skills you are more than you were, taller and stronger for the struggle. There is a feeling of emotional safety in learning how to rely on yourself, and so while you miss her without measure, this is what I needed to achieve.

A/N~

This was hella rushed you guys, I've had a ton of tests for school lately. I lowkey based this on my break up with my ex...

I can make a part 2 if you want (promise it will be 10x better)