⚠️EATING ⚠️

TRIGGER WARNING: ED & SH TALK

Y/n pov-

The mannequin stared back at you, thin. Size 00, no boobs and rib cage visible. You glanced down at your body, only (your age) and already a size eight with a C cup. You sighed. You could diet, throw your lunch in the trash everyday - no one would ever know. You could take breakfast "on the run," leaving with a mouthful and then feeding the rest to the ducks en-route to filming. Dinner was dinner though, else you'd have to confess it. Weekends would be tricky; lots of family meals, lots of cooking smells and visiting grandparents, uncles, aunts and friends. Difficult. You eyed the mannequin again. You were going to look like that. Then your friends would be jealous, the fans would chase you more and you could post the new pictures online.

You began your route home, stomach growling at you viscously. You thought your hunger cues had disappeared but it was near dinner, the only time you eat, and your stomach growled desperately.

As you were almost home, you thought to yourself that you understood that being strong, being fit and healthy, is the way to have a great shape and body. Starving yourself is a form of self-harm and requires careful counsel for recovery. But, you could never admit this to yourself as your head was rewired to think you were healthy. That you had to lose weight to be loved.

You opened the door to your shared apartment with your girlfriend, Hailee. She stood at the kitchen, back turned from you. The aroma filled the room. She was cooking your favorite pasta, fettuccine carbonara. God you love it.

"Hey, hungry?" Hailee turned around as she organized the bowls.

"Oh, I just had a big lunch with Adrian  today." You prayed she would pick up on your lie that slipped. You didn't even mean to say it, it just happened.

"Adrian Enscoe? Co-star Adrian ?" She asked, placing pasta into her own bowl.

"Yeah." The lie began to grow. You hated this.

"Oh, okay then. I'll freeze your proportion for tomorrow." Hailee said, suspicion bubbling within her.

Hailee's POV-

Hailee had noticed your clothes starting to become oversized. She hadn't thought much at first, just casual weight loss from hitting the gym for a new movie role or something. It wasn't until recently that she had noticed how rapid it had become. How your collarbone was showing more and constant glances at reflections before adjusting yourself. She noticed your sudden urges to "pee" after every meal and how your hair was becoming thinner. Hailee didn't know how to approach this situation as she didn't have experience with it. She wanted you to come to her but it was becoming clear you were never going to do that.

As you walked to your room to change into sweats, Hailee pulled her phone out. She clicked on Adrian's contact and began to type.

Hailee
6:32pm: Hey, Y/n told me she had lunch with you?

Adrian
6:34pm: Nah, I was on a date with my girlfriend today. Is everything okay?

Hailee
6:34pm: Yeah, dw abt it. Tell you gf I said hi!!

You walked back in the room, a smile sitting upon her face. Hailee looked at her suspiciously. She didn't know how to ask you...

"What's wrong?" You ask, leaning against the counter.

"Hmm- oh nothing. Zoned out a bit, sorry," Hailee lied, laughing it off before picking her bowl up and waking to the lounge room.

You followed her, sitting beside her as Hailee sat quietly on the couch.