Chapter 4: Peeta's POV:

The guards turn to me, with clubs in their hands. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in. This isn't going to end well for me. They walk closer to me. One pulls back their club and comes down on my broken arm and I shriek in pain. The other comes down on my side multiple times. I feel them beat every last inch of skin on my body until I am lying in a puddle of blood and my entire body has scratches and bruises. I cry out in pain as a club comes down on my arm for the billionth time. I feel a club connect with my back and I heave and throw up on the black tiled floor. I feel arms on both of my sides and them picking me up. But then I realize what they are doing, they are flipping me over. They put me down only now I am facing them. One club comes down hard on my stomach and I lose the ability to pull air into my lungs. They beat me for what seems like hours. Or maybe minutes. I don't know. My vision turns fuzzy and the pain doesn't feel real anymore. Finally, they both stop hitting me because of a message coming through the intercom. I collapse on to the floor and struggle to breath. The voice is telling them to bring me down to a different room for prep. Prep for what? The guards drag me up so I'm standing. They push me out the door and tell me to follow them. I do as I'm told and follow them down a long hallway filled with other rooms similar to mine. I drag my broken body down the hallway, awaiting my next form of misery. Suddenly I hear a scream coming from a room to the left. The voice sounds so familiar. I try to look inside the small window on the door to see who it is, but the guards push me away. The voice shrieks again, but is followed by a fit of crying and begging. "Please. Please I swear, I told you all I know. Please leave him out of this, he doesn't know anything. We kept it a secret from them both...." Then I hear screams again. We pass the door and the screams fade until we can't hear them anymore. The voice....I swear I have heard that somewhere. I think hard, and suddenly it hits me right as we are approaching my room for prep. The voice belonged to Johanna.