Chapter 11: Peeta's POV:

The picture of her in my mind soothes me in the darkness while I'm knocked out. She smiles when she sees me and runs up to me. "Peeta! I thought you were dead!" She cries and she runs into my embrace. I hug her back and let a tear of happiness run down my cheek. "It's ok now, I'm safe. Your safe. I'll never leave you as long as I live, ever again." I say into her hair. She pulls away and looks me in the eye. She's not smiling anymore and looks angry. She pulls a knife out of her jacket and holds it to my throat. "I'm going to kill you, just like I killed your pathetic family." She says between clenched teeth. "Just like how I destroyed District 12, and now, it your turn" she pushes the knife deep into the skin on my throat and I scream. Blood streams everywhere and I collapse in the darkness of my mind. Before she kills me, she looks me in the eye and turns into a hideous creature. A mutt. She slices at me with her claws and then kills me in one swift blow of her hand. Vision after vision appears in my head. First, her brutally slaughtering my family. Next, lighting District 12 ablaze and killing thousands of innocent people. "It's not real!" I scream at myself. "It's not real..." But it looks real. More real than anything I have ever seen in my mind. Each vision convinces me more and more that she is a mutt. Out to kill me and anyone in her way. By the last vision, I am bordering insanity. She is trying to kill me again, but this time it goes a little differently. I knock the knife out of her hand and it slides across the floor. I grab it again and jab the handle of it on her head. She falls down, unconscious. I raise the knife and stab her right through the chest. I feel powerful and alive as the life bleeds out of her. A few seconds later, I wake up, still strapped to the operating table. I don't remember anything except the visions, again. Looking around I see Snow looking at me. I still feel the adrenaline and hype from killing Katniss in my vision, and it must show. "Very good Mr. Mellark. I think we are finished here. Thank you." He shoos the guards away and they leave. "I need to kill her." I say between my clenched teeth. "Don't worry Peeta, you will get your revenge for everything she has done for you soon enough. You won't be with us much longer." He replies. Good. Because every second has me closer to finding and killing the person who ruined my life. And I'm ready. Never been more ready for anything in my entire life. To kill Katniss Everdeen.