Chapter 12: Peeta's POV:

After they unstrap me, the guards take me back to my cell. I lie down on the concrete floor and try to make my mind focus on ways to kill Katniss. Shoot? Strangle? Drown? Beat her? There are so many options, and my mind is like a lit firecracker. I can't focus or sit still, so I sit up and move towards the door to lean against the wall. I try and focus, but it's impossible. My eyelids grow heavy from exhaustion from the past few days, and I slump over and fall asleep.

I'm waken up by the sound of small banging noises and whispers. It's pitch black, so I can't see anything. I stand up and limp towards the door to try and look out. Nothing's changed, so I stop worrying for a moment. I go to sit back down, when I suddenly hear the whispers very clearly. They are right outside the prison block doors. I hear the doors open slightly and something bang on the floor. A gas starts to fill the hallways and all the rooms and it's hard to see. It's making me light headed and tired, so I lay down on the floor. "We are closing in on Peeta." I hear someone say. I know that voice, I've heard it before.
Gale.
What is he doing here? Did he get brought to the Capitol too? I start to feel angry, but then something clicks in my mind. He could lead me to Katniss. A surge of happiness and hatred goes through me at the same time. I hear the door to my room click. My eyes can't stay open anymore, and I fall into a deep sleep.