Chapter 7: Dinner Date

"Welcome, Mrs. L/N." Michael grinned. I rolled my eyes at his fakery.

"Thank you, Michael. Please, just call me M/N." My mother chuckled and walked past him. Michael shot her a curt glare before returning his gaze back at me.

I quirked a brow, it felt unfamiliar to see Michael staring at my body and not my face. He still held a frown, but his eyes looked scrutinizing.

My mother had asked me to dress nicely for this outing tonight. Especially because she had arranged a date for me afterwards.  She has done this to me a few times. Always setting me up with her friend's children, it was mostly just her way of using her friends through me.

Honestly, I would rather of been stuck at Michael's than go. But I didn't get much of a choice. Besides, she always rewards me with McDonalds after I do it.

I zoned back in the conversation as Michael spoke, "What the fuck are you wearing?" Michael snorted. I was beyond mortified.

"Shut up! I have a date after this. Do you even know what that is?" Michael immediately stopped laughing and deadpanned. I covered my mouth and smiled.

"I've been on more dates than you'll ever go on." Michael bit his tongue. But, oh, I was just having too much fun.

"Really? And how many went on a second with you?" His eyes darted back and forth, panicked and angry. I literally dropped dead on sight. This was hilarious.

"Oh my god! You make it too easy, Mike!" I clamped my hand over my mouth as I finally walked past him and went towards the kitchen. Michael angrily followed behind, hovering over me the whole way.

"Wow, Y/N. You're dressed fancy. What's the occasion?" Mr. Afton smirked. I folded my arms and looked away, slightly uncomfortable. Michael stood next to me, awaiting for my answer. He was happy to see my displeasure.

"I have a date after dinner, Mr. Afton. Apologies, I can't stay longer." I tried remaining as formal as possible towards him. Mr. Afton glanced at Michael before looking back at me, smirking.

"Good for you, and don't worry about it. We're just happy to have you." Afton nodded at me before returning back to his conversation with my mom. I hummed in response and sat at the table, trying to occupy my mind with other things. But Michael wouldn't let it go.

"I still can't believe you have a date." Michael plopped down next to me. I internally groaned.

"Look who's talking, shitface."

"Who's the unlucky man?" Michael asked, completely ignoring my statement.

"It's a blind date, idiot." I rolled my eyes.

He sneered. "That explains a lot."

I dug my nails into my thighs, fighting the urge to strangle him. He was such a bother. Why was he constantly annoying me?

"What is it that you want, Michael?"

"Is it so wrong to talk to you, Y/N?" He smirked. I knew that smirk. It was fake. I can see right through it.

"Whatever." I turned away from him and listened to our parents conversation, trying my best to not get disturbed.

"Oh, Will! You always know how to make me laugh!"

"I can make you do other things to-" Alright, I've had it. I quickly scrambled out of my seat and sprinted to Elizabeth's room. This was disturbing and disgusting. Hopefully I'll find some peace here...

"Elizabeth?" I knocked on her door. I suddenly heard footsteps behind me. Michael. Only, he looked just as grossed out as I was. Guess he was listening too...

"Control your mom, dude." Michael shook his head in disapproval.

"I'm not in charge of her. Besides, your father is just as bad." I put my hand on the doorknob, the same time Michael did. Tensions arose quickly.

"What? No he isn't."

"Did you not just hear him?" I wanted to shove his hand off of the doorknob. It was practically on top of mine.

"Your mom asked for it."

"Your dad gladly accepted it."

"Fuck you." He grabbed my wrists and threw my hand off the doorknob. It wasn't very aggressive but it was enough to get me going.

"Seriously? Do you want to figh—"

Suddenly, a swish from beside me was heard and Elizabeth was standing in the doorway. Clearly angry at the two of us.

"I'm playing with Chris! Come back later!" She slammed the door shut, leaving Michael and I speechless.

"Maybe I'll just leave a little earlier..." I sighed.

Michael rubbed his neck, awkwardly. He seemed hesitant to speak his mind.

"What." I blanked.

"...Can I come with?"

"Are you asking to be a third wheel?" I chuckled at his anxious figure.

"Hell no! Just drive me there and I'll ditch." His eyes widened at my comment.

"Why can't you drive yourself out of here?" I crossed my arms. He had a license. Why did he need my help?

"Because my father wouldn't let me leave alone." He frowned, getting more upset by each of the questions being asked.

"Okay, fine. But you better get out of there once I see him."

"Gladly."