Chapter 8: Save Me

"Alright, Michael. When I pull in. Stay the fuck away."

"Tsch, you act like I have nothing better to do." Michael snarled.

"You don't."

With that, Michael and I pulled out of my car and went separate ways. I had sadly given him my phone number in case anything were to happen to him and so we could meet up when this horrible date was over.

I went inside towards the restaurant and Michael went off to who knows. I had immediately spotted my blind date. A slightly overweight blonde, with brown eyes. He was dressed just as formal as I was, but I still felt no attraction. Plus, I heard he wasn't very nice, and my social skills suck.

"You look lovely, Y/N." The blonde kissed my hand. I internally cringed at the gesture.

"Thanks..." To my luck, a waitress came by and brought us to our table. I was just glad she broke the silence before it got too awkward. I wasn't used to compliments.

"So...uh, I never got your name..." I chuckled nervously. Was that a bad thing? I mean it's blind date...

"Bradley, sorry about that. I guess I was just too stunned by your beauty." Okay, I thought earlier was bad, but this was torture. I needed to ditch this man as soon as possible.

"Heh, yeah. What school do you go to?" I tried keeping the conversation as casual as possible, but Bradley had other plans.

"Rockway High. I wish I went to your school, though. That way I get to see your pretty face everyday." Now, I was just uncomfortable. His showering of compliments was overwhelming. I strategized a plan in my head while he kept complimenting me. Finally, I got it.

"Hey, I'm going to freshen up. I'll be back." Bradley nodded as I made my way to the bathroom. Ha, you'll regret that.

Y/N: Micheal, I seriously need your help.

Micheal: Oh shit. What happened?!

Y/N: Calm your ass down. I need you to walk inside the restaurant and tell me our parents need us, that it's a emergency.

Michael: Seriously? I got stuff to do. I don't care nor want to deal with your dumb date.

Y/N: Like what? Smoke? Please, Michael. I'll pay you back, I promise.

Michael: How do you plan on paying me back?

Y/N: I dunno. I'll do whatever you ask just please help me.

Michael: Fine. Be there in 5.

I'm actually slightly shocked that worked. Of course, I would never pay Michael back in return. He still has my skateboard and he's still a dickhead. So with that, I marched back over to the table and awaited for Michael.

"You feeling better, cutie?" I held back the urge to vomit.

"Uh, yeah. Where were we?" I responded rather bluntly.

"Just at how gorgeous your H/C locks are~" Oh my god. If Michael doesn't get here soon I'm going to jump out the nearest window. This is actually painful to listen to. No wonder he's still single.

"What about your childhood?" I tried smiling, but couldn't. The man just made me so unhappy.

"I grew up normally. Now...are you a virgin?" My eyes widened with pure hatred. I was beyond mortified. I coughed in response but thankfully, 'my hero' arrived.

"Y/N! Come quick! Your mom said it's a emergency!" Bradley shot Michael a glare as I turned my acting face on.

"Oh, no! She must've forgotten her insulin shot! I'm sorry, Bradley. I need to go!" I hurriedly grabbed my purse and stood up.

"If you must, I understand. Farewell, sweet Y/N. I hope to see your beautiful smile soon." What is this Romeo and Juliet?? Groaning, I walked out of the restaurant with Michael. Not daring to leave my number or any contact with him.

"Damn, just listening to him for 5 seconds was annoying. How'd you deal with him for 20 minutes?" Michael grinned, as we reached the parking lot.

"I didn't. I think lost a few brain cells." I grabbed my forehead as Michael chuckled. Were...were we actually getting along?

"So what were you doing before I called for rescue?" Our faces returned back to normal.

"I think you can guess." I sighed, not daring to mention how unhealthy his hobby is.

"I don't really wanna go back to that house, to be honest. Can we just hang here for a bit?" Michael rubbed his neck, awkwardly. I understand where he's coming from. Honestly, it seems like wherever I go, there's always some weird tension.

"Gladly." I huffed, standing beside Michael as he lit his cigarette.

"Y'know, I wasn't actually trying to be a jackass in detention." Michael broke the short silence.

"Yeah, probably just natural for you." I chuckled sarcastically. Michael held back a glare.

"Anyway, you aren't so bad. I suppose what Payton did to you was out of your control."

"No shit. How was I supposed to know he carried drugs?"

"I told you."

"..."

"Well, how am I supposed to believe you?!"

We both laughed in sync. Our conversations were actually quite amusing once we learned to not get pissy with each other.

"Alright, alright. You seem pretty chill. I guess I was wrong about you being a insensitive bitch. Truce?" Michael put his hand out for me to shake.

"Truce." I placed my hand in his as we shook hands.

"So can I have my skateboard back?"

"No."