Chapter 35: An Unusual Turn of Events

"Why? What's wrong?" You asked, trying your best to stay calm for Liz and Chris.

"Father is here! GO!" Without another warning, Micheal pushed the three of you outside of the house and shut the door behind you. He followed behind and practically forced all of you to run, panicking the whole way to his car.

Chris was crying the whole time because he forgot to pick up his Chica plushie.

Elizabeth and Chris were very good about being fast. They buckled up right away and understood the situation. You, on the other hand, were having a hard time grasping what was going on. How was Afton here? Wouldn't one of Michael's siblings noticed someone in the house?

Suddenly, the front door to the house swooshed open and two, tall bunnies popped out. Not real bunnies. People in bunny suits. People like Afton.

"Shit. Drive! Hurry!" You cried. The pressure being too much. One of the bunnies was waving Chris's plushie in his hand, the Chica one he forgot. And the significantly taller one was making its way towards you all, running. You knew that one was William.

Micheal jumpstarted the car and backed up way too fast. The car almost backed into the mailbox. Elizabeth grasped onto the handles of her seat and all of you just sat there hoping Micheal knew what he was doing.

He swerved and probably left a mark on the road, though successfully drove out of the driveway. However, Micheal was definitely succeeding the speed limit. The dumb bunnies were out of your site in mere seconds, thankfully. Though, that's not a good thing when Micheal is driving this fast.

"Slow down, Micheal! You're going to get us killed!" You yelled, fearful more than scolding.

"No! My father will get us killed!"

He didn't slow down. You guaranteed he was going to get pulled over if any cop was in the area. That might be a good thing though. They could help you guys out with your psychotic, Afton issues.

"Micheal, listen to Y/N! I don't want to die!" Elizabeth screamed. She actually was genuinely scared and it upset you that she was put into this situation. You noticed that Chris was trembling too.

Micheal exhaled deeply and released his foot from the gas petal, slowing down. Thankfully, Elizabeth's words seemed to have gotten to him. He was insinuating fear on his siblings and you knew he hated that.

The remainder of the car ride was painfully silent.

_______________

"Henry! Where's Charlie?!" Elizabeth exclaimed. Already putting behind the trauma she induced from earlier.

"Oh! Hey sweetie! Charlotte should be in her room if you want to go up and see her."

Elizabeth smiled and took off, running up the stairs. Her backpack was brought with her. Chris stayed with you since he was never close with Charlie or Sammy.

"Thank you for letting us stay here, Henry. We'll help around the house whenever you need it." Micheal cleared his throat, abruptly turning all polite and polished for Henry. You supposed it was because Henry was his boss. Or perhaps he just wanted to appear as someone who was composed.

"No problem, Mike! I love you guys like my own kids." He chuckled, his voice wavering off. Then, his eyes made contact with yours. "It's lovely that you're helping out with William's kids, Y/N. I was shook after hearing about what he had did...he was my best friend. I never thought he would do something like that."

You were speechless. You didn't want to talk about it, especially with your boss. It was uncomfortable. Though, you supposed you were due for the subject being brought up.

"...Yeah. He was always acting strange while I lived there."

You felt like you should've said more. But you couldn't bring yourself too, or find the words.

Micheal jumped into the conversation and the two of them chatted back and forth for a little bit. It gave you time to process the whole thing before you.

The two bunnies in the driveway. One of them was definitely Afton. Why would burglars dress up in Fazbear costumes and break into the Afton household? They wouldn't. Only William would.

But who was the other bunny? And why would anyone else be working with William? You thought of the blonde lady who had came to visit him during his hospital stay. It was very likely she had helped break him out.

And, weren't you all in danger staying here? This was his friends house. He was extremely close with, Henry Emily. And Afton knew Micheal was too. If anything, the first place he would check was here!

You just hoped he would stop pursuing all of you. You wanted to focus on recovering and mentally healing from everything.

Strangely enough, it made you miss your own home a lot. You wondered how your parents were. Hopefully, Afton wouldn't hurt them. You were quite apathetic towards them but they were still human.

"Y/N?" Micheal asked, knocking you out of your thoughtful state.

"Sorry. I was just thinking."

He looked worried, "Right. We're going to be eating soon if you want to bring your stuff to the bedroom."

Chris wasn't even in the room anymore. Jeez, you must've been really out of it.

"Sure. Where am I supposed to be sleeping?" You turned to Henry, who had a gentle smile on his face. He was much more welcoming than William.

"The room is next to the bathroom. It's the last door on the left."

Nodding in return, you grabbed your things and started for the stairs. It wasn't long after when you heard someone following behind you.

"Why are you following me?" You looked back at Micheal. He had a cheesy smirk on his face, one of mischief.

"We're roomies." He sneered.