Chapter 37: A Trap

You booked it out of Sammy's room. Not before shutting his window, though.

And locking it.

Like that'll stop Afton! A voice in your head kept telling you. You paid much mind to it. You had to find everyone immediately and get out of here while you still can.

"Micheal! Micheal!" You screamed down the halls, your hands traced against the yellow walls of Henry's house.

"Y/N? Is everything okay?!" He yelled, seemingly from the downstairs. Once you figured this out, you ran for the staircase that was dimly lit.

"We need to go!" You continued, now arriving at the kitchen. There was still no sign of anyone.

"Y/N, over here!"

Micheal again. But something was off.

You stopped screaming. In fact, you stopped speaking entirely. The gut feeling you had made you panic.

Hesitantly, you walked into the living room. Your hands were shaking with anticipation. Your eyes met his silver ones. Then, more silver eyes.

There was a knife to Charlotte's throat, William being the holder of that weapon. Everyone else in the living room was still. The blonde woman was there too. You were too late.

"I'm sorry! He was going to kill Charlie!" Micheal cried, hiccuping in his own tears. You said nothing in reply, taking in all the scenery. What could you possibly do?

"Well, the last thing I need has arrived to our party. Let's have some fun, shall we?" Afton's voice. It filled you with hatred. His presence alone made you angry and you hadn't even been this close to him since...

"What do you mean?" You questioned, your body not faltering to their frightening selves.

He chuckled at your confusion. "I have been following you all for a while now. Plans have been arranged." The blonde girl looked at him and smirked, demonstrating how apathetic she was.

"You have some nerve, Will..." Henry mumbled. His face a disheveled frown.

"Oh? Now you have gained the courage to speak? It's all because of Y/N, isn't it? She's the cause of all my problems." William turned towards you and glared. You didn't know why, the only reason he was getting backlash was because of the consequences of his own actions.

"No, Will! You're the problem! If you hadn't gone and hurt Y/N, along with many other children, we wouldn't be here!" Henry yelled. Everyone looked at him, crazily. No one expected him to have a outburst like that, he was always soft spoken. At least, you had thought.

William didn't say anything in reply. The girl he brought hadn't said anything either. She hadn't said anything this whole time. It was quite strange. You looked over at Micheal, however, he was already staring at you. A mix of guilt and sorrow was displayed on him.

"You're scaring your own children, you monster." You looked away from Micheal, over towards Elizabeth and Chris. Elizabeth was holding back sobs and hugging Charlotte, whilst Chris was beyond horrified. He was shaking and shivering.

"I murder children, darling. What makes you think I care about my own?"

That...was horrible. You were utterly speechless. Elizabeth broke into a fit of tears at that point and Henry brought her into a hug. Chris looked down, seemingly upset and you couldn't read Micheal's expression. Somehow, he seemed to have already knew.

"If you don't care, then why are you here?! What could you want from us?!" You didn't have to say anything cause Micheal had already turning towards his father and yelled. There was a lot of yelling today.

"What could I want?! I want Y/N! That bitch got me caught for my crimes! She made my children hate me, and now the police are going to shut down my pizzeria! She needs to pay!" William looked ready to pounce at you. Either with murderous intent or worse. Again, you didn't know what to say to him, finding yourself more speechless. Were you really at fault?

Micheal straightened himself, "Enough, father! Y/N has done nothing wrong! She's been more loving to us than you ever have and she's a good person, unlike you! You deserve whatever comes to you. And it was your own fault."

You were surprised Micheal had stood up for you. You guys had really come a long way. And you remember he used to never speak against his dad. He really was changing into a new person.

"How dare you speak to your own father like that! I will show you a tenth of my pain and you'll cry like the little shit that you are!" William clutched his knife, making Micheal gulp. Everyone watched, concerned, though did nothing as William stood there staring for a good while.

Suddenly, he marched towards Micheal and picked him up by his shirt collar. You watched in horror as William brought the knife closer to Michael's face.

"Will, no! He's your son! Don't do this!" Henry cried, not wanting to intervene but also hating the situation.

"Shut it, Henry! Or else Charlotte will be my next animatronic." William snapped, turning towards Henry's now horrified face. He silenced himself, wanting to protect his own daughter, but shot Micheal a regretful look.

Next animatronic? You didn't know what that meant. You had no time to digest it either, as Afton was getting back to punishing Micheal.

He was now pressing the knife against Micheal's neck. And you just couldn't keep still anymore. The woman wasn't watching you anyway, you could probably save Micheal without being stopped. Though, you knew Afton would be furious.

As Afton began speaking again, you swiftly sprang up and charged at the two of them. You tackled William onto the rug and his grip onto Micheal vanished. The knife clattered onto the wooden floor. You just hoped it wasn't that blonde girl who would get ahold of it.

It was only a matter of time before you lost the advantage and Afton had shoved you off him. You landed on Micheal, with a big oof, though managed to have no injuries.

He caught you thankfully, then placed you beside him. You smiled and whispered a little 'thanks', he simply nodded in reply. Unfortunately, though, you both had gotten too distracted from the knife. Which was now in the blonde's hands.