Chapter 38: Two Idiots

A/N:
Y'all I'm so sorry I didn't upload for so long. I got bodied by Covid and then bronchitis and sinusitis and I had to go to hospital again. I'm better now but still recovering, thanks for being patient.

______________

"Vanessa! Don't do this!" An abrupt shout came from Henry, both you and Michael turned towards the man. Surprised he knew the woman's name.

The women looked conflicted. William was now sat up on the floor, awaiting Vanessa's next move. He seemingly expected her to give the weapon back to him.

"What the hell are you doing?! Give me the knife, you dumb bimbo!"

William seethed and stood up. He looked almost as if he would attack the woman if he didn't get what he wanted. Though, you were sure he would lose that battle. If Henry could win Vanessa's pity, Afton would easily lose his advantage.

Vanessa still said nothing. Her eyes raced back and forth between Henry and William. You and Michael looked at each other, hopefully. Vanessa didn't seem very strong willed with the evil side.

"Give me the kni—"

"Shut up!!" She cried. William faltered from total shock. "Stop telling me what to do! You always tell me what to do! I thought you loved me! Why don't you ever show it?!"

Michael scrunched his nose and Elizabeth and Chris chortled with disgust. This was not the remark you were expecting.

"We'll discuss this later." William grunted. "Give me the knife, dear."

William was very determined to get that knife back. However, Henry seemed to have been formulating a plan whilst all of this was occurring. Clearly you and Michael have some tips to learn.

It wasn't very long until Henry wasn't even in the room anymore. You wondered what he could possibly be doing with this spare time but you knew you had to protect him and stall, making sure William didn't notice his absence.

"We will not discuss this later! We will discuss this now! I am the one with the knife! Why is everything always your decision?! I didn't want to hunt these kids! I wanted to go to Jamaica! You promised me—"

"Shut your fucking mouth, brat! I promised you my riches when we finished my business. That means you listen to me. So stop being so damn annoying!" The argument had escalated even more, with William now right in Vanessa's face. Apparently, this wasn't very welcoming memories to the Afton children as they were all covering their ears and cowering in fear.

"You're a jerk, William!" She sobbed, tears streaming down her face.

Luckily, Henry had crawled back into the room once again and the day was saved. You just hoped he had a plan to finally stop this madness. You don't think you could hear anymore without going insane.

"This is what he used to be like with my mom." Michael mumbled, only loud enough for you to hear. You nodded solemnly, taking another sympathetic look at his siblings.

"What happened with her?" You asked, remembering that you never got a truthful answer from him.

"I don't know..."

There was a frightful silence after that, and you decided you would rather focus on William and Vanessa then try and figure out the whereabouts of Michael's mother. Her location was most likely six feet under.

Henry suddenly stood up.

"What do you think you're doing? I still have you hostage." William hissed, agitated at his loss of power and authority.

"I don't believe you do, Will. This is my house. So, you can either get out now or face the consequences."

Curious, you investigated Henry. He didn't have a weapon on him. You had no idea what he was up to. Michael didn't seem to either.

"What consequences?" William inquired.

"I have just turned on every single animatronic in my house while you were arguing with your little girlfriend. All of them understand that you're a criminal. And William, you know what those robots do to criminals right?"

Charlotte smiled at her father, appearing prideful. You were genuinely shocked by that plan. Could the animatronics really do that? That was really advanced technology. You hadn't even noticed that Henry had animatronics in his house.

"You're bluffing." He deadpanned, obviously not believing his own words.

"You wanna wait and see?" Henry mocked.

Within a few seconds, William gritted his teeth and pulled Vanessa out of the room. Henry followed behind and you and Michael stood up to make sure they left.

You heard a loud door slam and moments later saw William's car backing out, rather quickly. Henry walked back into the living room seconds later, chuckling.

"That got rid of him fast." He laughed, dusting himself off.

"Um, Mr. Emily, are there actually animatronics here?" You couldn't help but ask. You hadn't seen any of them. Surely, you would of seen something by now.

"Of course not. William is just a fool who is overly paranoid about robots. I know his weakness."

"Then why did you need to go into the other room?" Michael rolled his eyes. A bit annoyed he wasted his energy stalling for nothing.

"Well, actually, I just wanted to make it look like I was doing something. I was hoping Vanessa noticed by absence, just in case William didn't buy my animatronic story. So she could vouch for me." Henry looked up at you and Michael, then down at his kids. They were both astounded.

"I guess whatever works. But won't he just come back?" You felt unsafe. This whole place was dangerous and you knew from the beginning. You should've listened to your gut feeling.

"Most definitely. We will need to go somewhere else. I have a few places in mind but I will need Y/N and Michael's help choosing."

Michael sighed and looked over at you, smirking a bit as you both made eye contact.